Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Dad Scrapbook Page for the Once Upon....A Sketch challenge


































ha! This post is for Brian 'cause I just found out he's stalking my blog. I wonder if he read the post I did about him??? Hmmmm. Anyhow I thought he'd enjoy this photo of Dad.

I am not sure why Dad's looking all grouchy. Perhaps he didn't want his photo taken in Lexi's adorable flower boots? Him and Mom went for a walk along our creek and this photo returned with them.

Yes, I see that I forgot my date on my page, which was the whole point of putting that sticker there that says...date! The funny part is that this photo was taken right after Christmas....and I used Valentiney paper.

Anyhow, this page was created so I could play along with a challenge at Once Upon a.....Sketch.  The criteria was:


February 1st Challenge

Journaling Criteria/theme: LOVE

February 14th is Valentines Day here in Australia and in many parts of the world. For this challenge we would like you to create a project about the one MALE you love. And we do not mean just your partner or spouse. We mean any male in your life. 

Ideas for journaling: You could journal about the love you have for your son, father, grandfather or a special person in your life or any pet.

And, here is their lovely sketch:



As tempting as it was to do another page about THE MAN, I couldn't take any more possible comments about layouts being cheesy. That left either my boy Luke or my Dad. Now Luke gets umptreen trillion pages made about his exploits. Dad is usually not in the spot light. Not 'cause he shouldn't be, but 'cause he is like THE MAN, just like the foundation upon which things get built. Every now and again he does something crazy like wear purple flower boots and just needs to be recognized!

He is the dude e-mailing me Sunday am sayin' hey, where it that story I wrote? Did you forget to post it?? Like I said in my journaling, keeping me straight.




Used some special blooms all fancy on this page. The first one is from Petaloo and my Scraptastic Feb. kit. The SECOND red metallic one, I know, you totally want. SORRY! Special one from Irini!! Isn't it fab!?

I should have used in on the challenge I did from her blog, Get Creative that I am sadly very very late for. BUT, I love the page I made! I'll post that up soon. Used up more of the Scraptastic Hearts A Flutter Kit that I see is still on sale if you'd like one yourself on this page.



AND, look at those leaves!! Love them so much! Thanks so much Helen! You are a gem!!!

And, would you please leave my Dad some love on those boots! He is stylin!

7 comments:

  1. Ha Ha I love your Dads piccie in those boots. Does she have big feet or your Dad little ones? Love the flowers and the papers you chose. My page was too late too. lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have been so busy.. i cant believe the posts i have missed, however i have gone and read them all and caught up now!and wow.. the layouts are amazing.. i love your style, and the photos are amazing.. and i love the journalling you write too, touches my heart in some way, either happy or moved!! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says cool dad like a pic of him rocking out those flower power boots!
    Speaking of flower power, I'm "borrowing" a picture of this and studying them this afternoon. You have some amazing talented friends. :)

    Thanks for stalking my blog this morning, made me feel all warm inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers. They are just beautiful. Also like the boots, they are soooo cool(as the kids would say). When you are out for a good walk who cares what the boots are. Great job, Mitra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET!! Woot woot on using up the stash I sent - yay!! What a cute photo and layout! I find all men pose like that for photos - it's their "go away" face LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This not only made me smile but also giggle. I wish my Dad lived closer so that I could have photos like this, well not with snow as we don't have any but just some special moments. Great page design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mitra, did you link this to the OUAS blog i didn't see it !!!! and I was supposed to comment !!! I love this layout and especially your dads boots, your posts always make me smile and i just love your individuality ! Thank you for playing along with OUAS

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!