Friday, February 24, 2012

Little Rose Cup All Glazed ;-)


My first attempt is outta the kiln! I was so happy I chose yellow. Pretty fond of yellow roses. 

Below is a side shot of my bloom. I added some light blue glass to the center and it mixed with the yellow to give me some cool green. 


Here is a photo of the inside of the cup. 

Another side shot....


It is a wee awkward to drink outta, but I am giving it a whirl. It was more like a proof of concept piece. Could I still throw just a little and can scrapbooking apply to something I used to love! Who would have thought a rolled paper flower would work in clay!

 Both answers are yes, so my coffee is even sweeter with that knowledge!

And, to get you thinking spring, a fabulous line up of birdie houses waiting to be fired! 




9 comments:

  1. This has to be the most gorgeous coffee cup I've ever seen. I love the blue and brown cup color combo and the yellow rose is perfect!

    Did you make all those bird houses??? Those are wonderful. Love the twisted rope look ledge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is the most wonderful cup that I have ever seen. Love the yellow rose. I always wanted to try ceramics. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely...must be quite a buzz coffee-ing outta something you've made....rose is cute - gorgeous colour as is that blue glaze on the inside:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! I have been reading back through your posts and you are truly creative! I am your new linky follower! I love your new coffe cup!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this looks beautiful.. how very special to have such a unique cup!! enjoy your coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful girl! I loveeee that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that is awesome Mitra, love the rose are we going to see more of these creations. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are gunna cover the Earth in flowers of all mediums!
    The green glass makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wonderful!! You clever girl! Yes I love yellow too and you did a great job of it...so looks like you are back into it in a big way - that's cool!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!