Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trimming my pot


I meant to post these photos yesterday, but the day got away from me.

Like anything else crafty, when you get into clay, the hours melt away and before you know it, THE MAN is texting you saying, where you at? Evidently it was somehow late and I didn't even know it!

The Clay Goddess has her clay stuff in the basement where you cannot see outside. Which is awesome since I didn't even know it was getting dark! Hence, less guilt that way.

Alright, these photos are terrible! Serves me right for not bringing a camera!!!

I meant to show you how I was trimming the bottom of my little pot here. But, forgot the camera.

Mine, just in case you got confused by the lovely item in the back is the smaller item in the front! ;-)

I think it's a coffee mug now that I have given it a handle.

I randomly had decided earlier this week to see if you could make a clay flower the same way you might make a paper one.

Not too shabby for my second flower. The first went back into the scraps to become something else.



Not sure how lovely it will be to have something this large on a coffee mug, but I sure did have fun!

Pop back later in the week and I'll show you how to make this tie dye flower out of paper. I've been rolling flowers this past week which inspired me to make one out of clay!



6 comments:

  1. OMG that big cup is adorable, I want one for my tea LOL, stunning rose on the top, you are sooooo talented, you frighten me! Rolled flowers so addictive, have just done some too, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that cup you made!! And all the flowers are BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a flower goddess!!! They ALL look amazing.

    Sits patiently and awaits tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...it looks good! Check out that bloom! I've never tried this before... it looks hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well your coffee cup looks fabulous! the rose is amazing.. and your paper flowers look gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh looks like you had fun making that mug! Can't wait to see it when it is all painted up!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!