Monday, February 27, 2012

A Trip to California Layout for the Once Upon A.....Sketch Challenge


































There is a very interesting challenge up at Once Upon A...Sketch that I had to play along with.
February 15th Challenge

Journalling criteria/theme: HOLIDAYS/VACATION 
Have you printed out all those photos from your last holiday/vacation or most favourite holiday/vacation? We would LOVE to see them and hear all about it. With the theme of holidays/vacation for this challenge, we would love to hear about: your favourite holiday/vacation of all time or a favourite place you would LOVE to take a holiday in . Or how about the last holiday/vacation you went to?  Maybe you have not travelled yet? Then tell us about your DREAM HOLIDAY /VACATION destination. 

I try to be pretty good about vacation photos and get scrapped since I forget the details quickly. So really didn't have any past vacations that I wanted to scrap. But I found the concept of where I want to go to be quite interesting. 

I could do PAGES AND PAGES on that! I decided to focus on our next big trip we're planning. If not, I'd have been all over the place, literally. THE MAN tells me that we're going to own a huge camper when we're old people and travel. Sounds heavenly to me!

I flipped the awesome sketch that was included sideways so I could make a photo collage work in landscape. 





Here is a close up of my journaling. These photos were taken at my Aunt's house when I was little. See her and my uncle down in the corner? I would like to go back to their place at some point as I have great memories of my time there. 


Here is another close up of a flower cluster. That one flower in the middle was dyed a while back and I found it during a deep dive in my flower stash. Rooting around in there used up a few things that have been around forever and kept my copper color going. 


And, how about this metal scallop? It's really paper, with metal foil tape placed over it, embossed, painted, sanded, inked up and then die cut. I am in LOVE with this process and want to share a tutorial very soon. 



Happy Monday and head over to check out their challenge. Still a few days left if you HURRY! 

12 comments:

  1. Love the coppery/golden theme. Cute Mitra pictures too. You HAVE to show me how to do that scallop, I am in love with it. Great page, Mitra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy WOW...this is magical. Firstly though, your pictures are soooooo, so cute! Secondly, LOVE the copper tones you stayed with and all the cool jazz you added with the flowers, the scallops, the textures, the glazing, the.....
    Consider my mind blown and I cannot wait for this tutorial. :D
    WOOHOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a wonderful layout, love all great details and beautiful colours
    hugs Piaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout with fabulous photos and beautiful details!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layout! and the details so beautuful! Thank you very much for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool page! Thanks for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch. Can't wait for the tutorial on that awesome paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WOW WOW...fabulous layout and I see you used the technique we talked about hahahah fabulous job!
    you are a crafting genious! hahahaha
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once UponA...Sketch
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness i love your style of scrapping, so very interesting with gorgeous details all over the page! a great take on this challenge.. love the colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mitra - this is gorgeous!!!! Love the outline on California - is that Smooch you used????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mitra, amazing layout and your future trip sounds fabulous too can i come !!! Love all of the great techniques here and look forward to your tutorial. The colours that run through this a re perfect and love the old photograph. Thanks for sharing with us at OUAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Thanks so much for joining us on OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!