Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Sympathy Card



Sending a card to a friend I know that likes to scrapbook I realized I couldn't just send ANY card.

She is undergoing the loss of someone close to her and I wish her strength to get through it. 

Hoping my card all the way from NY helps.



I did try to make my card multipurpose. This is exactly 12 inches long, so can easily be glued down on a page with a photo in the top part. I am hoping she can whip up an easy page when she's back to feeling better and it helps.

In the weird way that scrappin' is somehow therapy, I have made pages of  funerals. Sometimes it's the only time when whole extended families get together. So, those photos are rare. 

Anyhow, I wish her strength. 

And, thanks Irini for that neat die cut I used on the front and the doily! You sent a present all the way from Greece that I am now sharing with a friend in a different state! 





10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Mitra. I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness, and will create an awesome memory page with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and such a neat idea.....my sympathies to your friend!
    Check out my blog and tell me do you recognise something hahaha
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card I am sure your friend will appreciate it, you take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree - really lovely thoughtful card & hopefully she will be able to use it in time.... we live with sadness around us all the time, in some form or another, don't we? Least it makes us appreciate the good times more:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your'e such a thoughtful person Mitra, I'm sure your friend will love and appreciate it very much. Lovely card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! I loveeee the butterfly and the cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is a really lovely card made with love and i hope it helps your friend through this difficult time... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool indeed! LOVE this idea and yup I also have a few goodies from Irini! Love that our scrappy stuff goes from country to country...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and fabulous idea to use it on a page. I love looking at cards and sometimes, like this one, they are just too beautiful to be used on anyone. I think your friend will love it and I hope things look up for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful with such a beautiful reason, I am sure she will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!