Friday, April 20, 2018

A Pocket Full of Posies






















As I type this, I am watching snowflakes fall. We are really past due for Spring in these parts. Can you see why I opted to make some flowers? Not to mention that they are really fun. I used one sheet of paper for the blooms that had a lot of different colors...so pretty. I used a file from THE CUTTING CAFE called Paper Flower Template and Cutting File. If you are scared about making flowers, don't be. Regina has a video you can watch to show you how it's done.



























A little glitter glue and some vintage glitter and these blooms sparkle. So pretty! I'm saving them for a very special project I've got coming up. I'm working on an artist collaboration project called Through Her Eyes based on some prompts from a vintage journal. Since I've also got my own vintage scrapbook pieces too, I imagine those will also get included. So far this is what I've laid out.


A vintage angel with dresden wings and a pair of very old scissors. I've just got to come up with a plan to assemble. Very likely this will involve a dowel!


Tested out my pieces with my new flowers! Just the right about of vintage pop! So much fun!

Hope your Friday is Fantastic!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I can hear your mind ticking over from here with wonderful ideas... looking forward to seeing what you create... love the flowers too.. very pretty.. and I hope some warmer weather comes your way soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL you seriously need to package up some of your paper flowers and sell them on etsy...THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL...thank you so much for all you do for the cafe...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love those flowers! Totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!
    Hope spring comes by soon for you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!