Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy Non-Birthday Twat for Memorandum Monday

A nice long weekend full of what one would expect perfect fall weather here in New York to be. Just cold enough to enjoy mulled cider, crispy leaves, and a blue blue sky. Good thing I had a slightly longer weekend since I took Friday off to visit my Gram in the nursing home.

She is on floor for peeps that are not really hanging out with us these days but who have gone back into their own minds. I guess it was a stroke or maybe she just got sick of it here but her body isn't ready to leave. They say she sleeps a lot and sometimes talks about her Mom. I appreciate the people keeping her safe and that she still knows the word cookie very well.



Luke had his friend Tommy over to hang and join in the paint ball games on Sunday. These days I don't have to organize much for these sorts of things. I was only asked for invites which I whipped up in about five minutes. I was in charge of the food too, which basically meant figuring out where you could get the best pizza and wings locally. Well, I also made mulled cider. I think the kids thought I said Mold Cider so there was a lot left over, which didn't hurt my feelings. That stuff rocks! He'll be 14 in just a bit so it was an early non birthday. His sister came up with what I needed to have written on the cake. Isn't she sweet?

Well I'm off today to see what kind of trouble I can get into at work. Usually having a day or two off means that there is lots of catching up to do. Hope not!

Also, if you like writing a wee bit each Monday, feel free to come hang with us over at Sian's From High in the Sky blog where she hosts us for Memorandum Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say that over here in Rightpondia that word is really very rude... it is extremely derogatory and not something a cake decorator would consider as suitable. Just saying how odd it is that we are separated by our common language............ I mean over here to Trump is to break wind...... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah...definitely not something we'd see on a cake here either lol

    The thought of them avoiding the mold cider made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mold cider? Hehe I reckon you are on a good thing there, all the more for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WONDERED about that cake. Totally 'get' it now. I have a younger brother, you see!!! Your poor G'ma....but she's getting the best care, and that's all you can ask for I guess....sounds like Luke & Dudes had a great time. And well done supplying the 'vitals', Mum! Oh. And Good Luck with your new ummm....corporate head? I can't really call Trump a President. Just doesn't FIT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you... my grandma's body hung on longer than she wanted it to also.. extra hugs and love to you on this... well... it's Thursday now... so

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!