Friday, June 23, 2017

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

Goodness gracious it was super rainy earlier this week which is totally helping to grow the flowers. It's also helping the back yard of the Habitat House we're working on to explode into a jungle. We'll be getting to that soon, but for now when I'm making calls I wander through and look at all the roses. This pink one is my favorite. In fact, I think I'll try to make some cuttings. We can't leave it all since the new home owner has two little kids who will need some space to play. I've been looking forward to working on the backyard since last summer when we looked at the house. 

This one just showed up out of the foliage. Most of the other roses are bushes, but this is a single contributor. All pretty coral & all by itself. I have a couple of volunteers like that. They like to wander off and work on something hard all by themselves with some tunes. 

Others work in groups on a door. Or on flooring. Finish work is fussy work so sometimes it's like watching paint dry. Of course there are also days paint IS drying. Normally Doug is painting and he's super good at it. He just pops around with his brush and before you know it, all your trim is perfect with the nail holes filled. He's a funny dude. He missed last Saturday as he was off at a rattle snake hunt. 

Well, I'm off. There is camping this weekend as it's the very busy time. The folks will carry on without me tomorrow. It will be a nice surprise to come back on Monday and see what got accomplished! 

Happy Friday!


2 comments:

  1. Raindrops on roses... and whiskers on kittens... these are a few of my favourite things... (pinching words from a well known song!!!) beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I sure do miss those flowers... I mean don't get me wrong... I love the flowers I have here... but I want ALL the flowers... the water droplets...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!