Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Upcycled Dia de los Muertos Artist Collaboration Crowned Sugar Skull


Happy Halloween if you are in here in the US and celebrate that kind of thing! I know our big plans for the evening involve homework & dinner as we are all too old to be off getting candy! Thank goodness 'cause I hear it's gunna snow in the Twin Tiers tomorrow!

I've been having fun with hot glue, paper flowers, and putting some upcycled pieces together. I've always wanted a sugar skull so I was really excited to play along with a Dia de los Muertos Artist Collaboration. (Excuse to make something with lots of bling and fun flowers)



The only thing I actually bought new for my project was that mercury glass skull bottle. The black candlestick was originally gold & got a quick coat of black matte spray paint. The gold Christmas plate just got flipped over to make a nice base & I added a crystal stopper to the bottle. The crystal crown was something I had been saving in my stash, especially since it was already pretty shabby!





































Currently my version of a sugar skull is hanging out with some like minded individuals on display in my living room. I've got a thing for mercury glass & vintage.





































Those pretty flowers really pull in the color of that stained glass lamp. Love it! This project makes me smile every time I walk by.


Goodness, really enjoyed making this piece! Are you ready for some more art?  Links below to check out fellow collaborators!






and our HOST:  Tina Walker!


Thanks for coming to hang with me today & for taking a peep at my fellow collaborators! THEY ROCK!!! 



3 comments:

  1. Wow! Totally love your Sugar Skull!! The flowers really pop with it and that crown!!
    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is so cool! Love sugar skulls and the crown! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great imagination - what an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!