Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hufflepuff Framed Crest with THE CUTTING CAFE Paper Flower File

Over at THE CUTTING CAFE it's a free week, which means we get to pick any cutting file we want to use! I always really enjoy making flowers so I indulged myself. It's the perfect file if you are trying to match a look but all of your flowers are in the wrong colors or you want them a specific size.





































In my case I was looking for something vintage yet not overpowering because the crest is so bright. A sheet of patterned paper with postcards did the trick! I used the Paper Flower Template & Cutting File and made the largest size blooms just a little smaller so I could fit two whole sets on my cutting mat.





































I always add centers to mine if I'm being extra fancy. This involves cutting a small hole for the stamens to sit in and then I add hot glue. Some of my flowers got some shimmer spray to darken them a little.





































A trick to using patterned paper is to pick the really plain pieces for the center with a more interesting piece for the outer part. I also made a flower that looks like it's just opening for some contrast.





































I had to of course make a snitch as well too. That is just a round ball with two holes drilled. I added two bendy sparkly feathers with one side cut off and then some contours with hot glue on the ball. Some gold spray paint completed the project! This project is a gift so it's heading out of here shortly!

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. mitra, your flowers are simply scrumptious.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cool! The flowers are beautiful and the rest of it is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flowers are beautiful! I started adding flowers to all the blank spaces on my paper when cutting stuff out. Now I need to get some made. I love the centers you added and need to find me some.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!