Monday, December 15, 2014

Game Time Layout for Another Freaking Scrappy





































We own one board game at Pratt Inc. and that is Monopoly. It's not even the fancy version, just the plain jane play for hours variety.

The oldest LOVES the game while the rest of us might be talked into playing if there are treats involved like popcorn and government cash subsidies when we are broke. It's kinda our version of the game, but also involves playing hard and buying as much as you can as fast as you can in order to lose as soon as possible. (This never works for me, occasionally I win sadly)

Lexi happily talked her younger cousins and Grandfather into a game over Thanksgiving. We of course trained all participants in the Pratt Inc. version.

While they played, I was putting together some scraps to make this page...the layout is compliments of Another Freaking Scrappy for the mid month December challengeI turned it on it's side and used the long strips & hand drawn circles to graphically illustrate the clouds & kites. 


It's a pretty CAS layout for me. Not many layers, minimal flowers and a rub-on which isn't my normal fare. As I put the page together, my sister in law gave me the hairy eyeball from across the dining room table. Evidently I was a little too quick for her liking!

Recently I purchased a new scrapbook and had 25 or so layouts that needed to be put away. While I was getting that book done, I took inventory and realised that over the course of the last 14 or so years of scrapping, I had probably made upwards of 1000 plus pages. I guess you learn some tricks when you turn into crazy scrap lady like me. ;-)







 Hope you get a chance to hang with us at Another Freaking Scrappy...even if it's a super CAS layout that is super quick. We all know how busy this time of year is!

Happy Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Love how ur page almost has a dream catcher look about it- nice seam binding ribbon there too!! Me and my GF played for hours as kids- we had a bank set up to loan us money when we were broke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the challenge, CAS or not it looks great. Love the satin seam binding , love that stuff, it is so easy to work with and always looks great . Love your title as well
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!