Sunday, April 20, 2014

Baby Pussy Willows and an Upcycled Turtle Box


I hopped onto repurposing this DeMets Turtle Box even before the chocolate it contained was all eaten! I had a yellow one to work with. It was in the midst of being spray painted white when I realized I had not taken a before photo of it! 


I have a fondness for Turles anyhow. Besides the fact they are amazing, I once worked next a Turtle Factory. 

I was all excited when I heard they were opening a chocolate factory next door to where I worked. I had visions of smelling chocolate in the early morning as the dew was sparkling on the grass and I was heading into the glass doors to the office.

Sadly, the most exciting thing that happened chocolate related was when a batch of freshly made turtles showed up in a basket by the door and I found them. A smart person would have just hidden them in their car and not told anyone. Instead I shared the most amazing fresh from candy making heaven stuff with the ingrates I worked with. 


The best part of making this box is the little scene I added where the window is in the box. I had the bottom of a cardboard cheese box that was very skinny and would work to create a little diorama in. That also got spray painted white and hot glued in after I created the scene. 

I found baby pussy willows down by our stream and got the bright idea they might work along with some moss. I added a few crazy dimensional Easter stickers I had hanging around from Easter's past and voila! 


Love the basket hiding behind the baby pussy willows like the little Peep in the Egg is searching for it. 

My other favorite part of this box is the brass & bead foot I added. It was super simple to just punch a hole in the button of this piece and add a screw with a nut to hold everything together. Makes me happy!


Hope your Easter is fantastic and you have some yummy treats! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Totally & absolutely AWESOME... Dunno where to start...the whole project is stunning...the texture, the window scene.....that little jewel near the bottom 'leg'....& the fact I see NO SNOW in the bg of the shot!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Easter :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely..l too loved the texture ,colors n cute little scene :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Mitra. My eyes went directly to the cutie little leg and base. Everything about it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!