Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Apple Blossom Peace & Joy & Love Barn Board Pallet





































I have to admit I was seriously distracted when I started work on this barn board pallet. I hadn't played around with wet acrylic paints and I was loving how you could still see the wood grain showing through. Later when it was dry, I was in love with distressing with the orbital sander. Then I had all kinds of fun inking up edges, using some mist to make the ink run, and actually stamping right on the wood.





































I wasn't impressed with the flowers I had originally painted, plus I sanded them off a little. So I opted to run with some fussy cut apple blossoms from a vintage image. HOURS of fussy cutting later, I was ready to add some splatter in the form of white spray paint, some gold paint, and then a clear coat.





































To be honest, I used this pallet to try a whole bunch of things I wanted to play around with on wood. It was way too much fun. Since there was also wine involved with the first round, it's kinda a hodge podge. I plan on displaying it over my new laundry room sink to remind me of a really good time with friends painting. I am sure you'll see it again soon when we're done!





































Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY Mitra I love this, it's so cool and I can imagine the fun you had creating it. So cool
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love lovelovety love this! So beautiful! The colors...those gorgeous flowers....the gold! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a stall here at a craft market I like to drop into to and they sell pallet art like this for big money. Seriously you should think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out amazing. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!