Monday, August 4, 2014

Vintage Movie Film Canister with THE CUTTING CAFE Files


The other day I was bopping around the second hand store. I had just gotten my shingles shot, which by the way did not hurt much except in my wallet. Since my leg pretty much doesn't hurt anymore either I was tempted to skip it since I really hate doctoring & even worse is paying for doctoring after you also pay for health insurance. So I made a deal with myself if I got out early enough, I'd do just a smidge of shopping over at the ReStore.

Well, they close at 5 and it was nearly 5 and I wanted SOMETHING to come home with.

Spotted little film tins for $1. Mine!



























I used TWO files from Regina's THE CUTTING CAFE to snazz up that plain gray metal tin!


The file I used is the CAMERA PHOTO SHAPED HOLDER TEMPLATE that comes with a cutting file for a camera and has ALL THESE CUTE LITTLE CIRCLE images! 























Check out the summer photo image I used on the cover. They blow up so nicely from a PDF file & do not distort. The second click-click-click I made much smaller and is at the center of the film reel.

This little project has a small secret!

It has recycled feet!


Those are old fuses. In fact, they came out of the fuse box we just replaced in the garage. It reminds me of a little table a squirrel might use! But, instead, it will be making it's way to Tommy's Mom who had my kid to her house for a couple of days ago for some serious fun!
























Look at all those fun times! A fire, ice cream, hanging out with Daisy the Beagle, and the pond!

































A big thanks to Regina for awesome files and a second big thanks to Tommy's Mom for having him come hang out!

Happy Monday!


9 comments:

  1. This is amazing. You come up with such awesome stuff. You should have your own crafting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get these here! I LOVE how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project!!! I actually have some old film tins and guess what, yep I'm gonna do this too. Love your style and ditto what Regina said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not even going to ask about the fire... but the tin looks great for a memory saver!! very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call thinking outside the box. That's all;)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously dude...that's a super groovy use of a ReStore $1 film reel...AWESOME idea and how you did it looks amazing. The fuse feet are out of this world. :) LOOOOVE what you did with the Cutting Cafe File!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME! You are soooo creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is WAYYYYY COOL Mitra! Just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mitra!! Your project came out just awesome; who would have thought to repurpose a film strip tin!! Super cool!! Chauntelle

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!