Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Good Times 4th of July Page for Creative Scrappers Challenge



You ever print photos and then try to make a layout work only to realize they are way too big. Yeah, that happened to me here and in the theory of not wasting, I decided to use them anyway, just off set one.

Love how that turned out to be the photos of Lexi and her cousin which I cut in a circle to make a wee bit smaller and used a heart doily under it.

Very very fun sketch here from Creative Scrappers.

Here is a close up of the flowers and glittery ric-rac with a new product I just got in my hot hands so now I think I need to use it EVERYWHERE.


Do you see, hiding under all that bling...a doily boarder?

I KNOW!!!

Seriously. I got it from Linda's Shop which is called the Funkie Junkie...hmmmm I wonder if she named her store after me.

Here is a photo I borrowed from her website and a direct link right to this product.


I inked the edges of mine up and misted it a bit. I think misting will really make this product shine in my world.

THANKS LINDA for having such a cool shop!!!

And SIS IN LAW if you are reading this. Your kids are famous again! All published in blog land.

She was the one running around taking photos like a mad woman of the cousins looking cute.

YES, we made them all wear red, white and blue.

I will be making her a double page spread of all the cool photos she took that day.

Happy Nearly Hump Day!



8 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time- photos too big! You've solved it beautifully here with these 2 princesses!!!!! Doily border is CUTE!! Boys look cute too, but don't tell them that. This sketch is FAB, too... Like the scrapping:):);)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the sketch...and I DO like that border- you find the coolest things!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the heart shaped photo, the music paper and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout!! thanks for playing with our sketch at CS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the sketch and I love the doily style lace and it looks great inked. Lovely work Mirtra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI.. all the co-ordinated colors look fabulous! and a wonderful take on the sketch.. and I love all the doilleys..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to check out that shop - it looks fab - well the things you have bought from it I mean!! Loving all the lavish use of pretties in these last 2 pages & I hear you on the photo sizes. I don't print 10 x 15 often anymore as there is a 9 x 13cm option in Picasa that is just a smidgeon smaller - I find that works really well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made the sketch work for you! The ribbon flowers are fantastic and I love the doily border! Another awesome page!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!