Monday, February 8, 2016

Memorandum Monday: Glass Paints, Gold Spray Paint, and Fudge Ripple






































Oh my. This past week was quite the learning experience. I'm not quite ready to share just yet, but truth be told things are coming together and I''ll be ready soon. I am more than happy to tell you just a bit about glass painting though while you wait. Most of last week is still swirling through my head like fudge ripple ice cream and when it's fully blended, I'll be sure to dish it up in a pretty bowl with whip cream, a cherry and two spoons!

Anyhow...on the glass painting....

Clear glass things at the second hand store are SO PLENTIFUL. It seems quite a shame to leave them behind especially when they are dotty like these candle sticks. I am still not sure if I'm actually using them as candle sticks, but they were great to try a technique on. I had been on the hunt for a DIY way to make glass look iredescent. Since I haven't found a spray paint that works well for that, I turned to glass paint. Specifically one that gets brushed on. After drying for 24 hours, it's then baked in the oven.





































On these, I tried to create my own mist by mixing two glass paints together with a little of the thinner but I think brushing it on would have been better. I was pretty happy with the gold spray paint that I added under the bottom of the candlesticks and right at the top. I am pretty sure I'll be making a few glass ornaments this next Christmas in a similar manner...can you imagine how pretty that will be?

Anyhow, I leave you with a shimmer and a promise to dish next week. Waving hello at Sian who has been talking most recently about inspiration and is our crew chief for Memorandum Monday. Hoping all my talk of glass paint has been inspiring!


5 comments:

  1. Yes Glass ornaments will look totally cool that too done in your way ;)Loved the candle stands ,eager to see how you use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it really has. I've never tried painting on glass but I'm intrigued, I can't deny it.

    Have a great week Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Interesting. Love how you find new mediums and simply go for it....these look fabulous. So pretty against all that snow bg.....WHAAAAAAAAT???????? No snow STILL??!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...the bumps on these candlesticks are glorious and seeing how they shimmer in the light with their iridescent beauty is just fabulous. I am on my tippy toes with pins and needles waiting for the big show!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you do is inspiring...LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!