Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bunny Pops Page for Scrapbookers Anonymous


































Nothing says spring like baby chicks, pansies, and sun!

I admit, I begged my kids for an awesome photo for my Easter Cards, handed them chocolate bunny pops and sun glasses and about five photos later, was happy with the result! Which was a very good thing since it was super chilly, regardless of how pretty the sun was!

Do you not love that tag! It was one I ordered from Marivic at Berry71Bleu and it ROCKS! Under the tag I tucked a bit of vintage lace I have been hoarding for a very special occasion. I figured if I was going over the top on depth for this page, I might as well go all out!


Can you see a sniplet of map sticking out on the edge done up in a scallop? It's a real map too, that I have been hoarding piece by piece. I wanted to add it because it matched nicely and I thought it contrasted nicely with the vintage receipt I included that says Potsdam across the top. (it's Ireland, btw!) I wanted to play along with Scrapbooker's Anonymous so added that map scrap. I am hoping they let me use buttons instead of brads because the buttons on the side needed to match the tag...and I pretty much hit my limit how much I could put on a page mentally!!! And I hear this is their last challenge, so it's a thank you for all their hardwork as well! 

The flowers were inspired by an awesome bloggy friend Lisa who has a tutorial up at Stamper's Quest, if you want to replicate them. Mine aren't quite the same as hers, but very close. I had a flower punch I used and then just cut them apart, vs. using hearts.


And, the oval is covered in some sheet music I nabbed from the second hand store. I modge podged it on a frame that was extra and then covered it with rock candy from Tim Holtz. You can see it below under my letters.


Thanks for popping over to my blog. Some days it's hard to get these posted as life gets in the way and I appreciate all the comments! As you can see from Scrapbookers Anonymous some times it gets too be too much and they have to close shop, so I appreciate all you fellow bloggers!

13 comments:

  1. You really have got a wonderful photo of the kids ~ LOVE the tag & I know what you mean about hoarding...some embellies are so hard to use 'cos they become faves. Love the way you've used the music in the frame, too ~ that looks great:):) ...sad about SA....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colouring of the doily and gauze. I agree with Lizzy, it's hard to use some of our stash but once used it's always there for people to see. Gorgeous photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeee the lace and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Just lOVE this layout! so heart the TAG too! so funny what kids will do for some sugar :) love all your layers totaly perfect easter layout! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!!!!!!! love the photo and I am droooooolllliiing over the music paper!!!!!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH OH OH...jumping up and down over here. This is super cute! I love the Postdam oil tag peeking out and ALL of your embellishments. Your pansies freaking rock, chica!
    Ok, I can't take it anymore. I'm dragging the man downtown to his favorite fire trap to go picking. You'd love this place...3 floors of eclectic heaven. You've inspired me to go. LOVE your page so much!! Hope you are doing great. OHHHH, I also LOVE your wreath...birds are a weakness of mine. That nest is wonderful. :)
    Have a great one my friend.
    Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours..loving the little chick and the tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its such a great page! Love those alphas and very creative with your map. So glad you played along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaw love you too! I appreciate all your posts!! You've helped me overcome my fear of the glue gun and so often I think if you were around you would Mitrify something perfectly for me...see you now have a verb named after you!! Another great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to say thank you for supporting Berry71Bleu! Marivic's tags suit your style perfectly & you do marvellous things with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout. I love all the details.. great way to sneak in that map you've been hoarding... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers ANonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maps do have a wonderful shade of blue for the sea. And the paper feels different too. Thanks for playing the final challenge at SA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a super awesome layout Mitra - such beautiful work! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!