Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Penguin Present


We spotted this little Penguin Advent Calendar a while back at the Christmas Tree Store and had to take him home. ADORABLE! Well, not as cute as he is now. When we got him, his little hat and scarf were just painted! And, no bow or snowflake on the top of his hat! Had to add some finishing touches and now he's ready to go home with Chelsea, our old baby sitter from our old house just as soon as she gets here. She is coming up to visit shortly.

Yes, I know it's a strange present as part of the month will already have passed. We bough local chocolates to go behind the little doors. But...I am sure she can make use of the "extra" and get caught back up. I do love our local chocolate store. They have various chocolates that represent the local areas here. The boxes at Christmas come with a "key" and tell you what all their names are. So, maybe when she tries one, she can look up the town and get familiar with the area! (Oh so happy to even THINK THIS insert happy dance) She is coming here in the fall to college!!!!

WHOOHHOOOOH!

Ok, so the hat and scarf were cut out of an old sweater I just loved that was destined for the garage as a rag. I hot glued them on and them modge podged over them adding some glitter into the glue at the end. I LOVE IT! The only step I might do differently was cover up the paint first. Anyhow as you cruise down the isles with your shopping, keep half an eye out for something that is cool but can be COOLER! Yes, pun intended!

OH and Chelsea? She is IN LOVE with Penguins. I am sure the kids will easily talk to her into seeing Happy Feet 2 while she is here.


7 comments:

  1. He is just adorable. Really has personality. Chelsea will love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest penguin in the world!! Have you seen Mr. Popper's Penguins - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEK...what an adorable little penguin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the hat and scarf you gave him!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You blow my mind with your creativity!!! I can barely find time to make cards and you create amazing reno projects like this!!!
    WOW...what an inspiration you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how cute! love the penguin... and the shadow box is stunning too... wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love how you dressed him up.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!