Monday, September 16, 2013

Crab Apple Jelly Layout for Fun




































Just a little fun page I threw together. I was really pumped after the kids and I made Crab Apple Jelly. THE MAN managed to capture one photo of them and it wasn't the best...but it makes me happy!

Ladkyis suggested I try my hand at it way back in Spring! I had posted a layout about my apple and crab apple trees and she was excited I had a crab apple!

I was mostly pleased then about a rock star blooming tree, but since I tasted the jelly, I feel like I have a GOLD TREE!

























I got the bright idea of printing out a photo of my jelly right on my cardstock, but the layout was half done. So I printed it on clear sticker paper and cut it out. It has a vellum look to it, which I really like.



My favorite part of my layout is this little crab! I always think of grouchy little red crabs when I think of the word crab apple. I mean, who came up with that name?

Lizzy Hill made the coolest crab layout the other day and I was a bit jealous! Glad I found a little graphic I could fussy cut so I had one myself for my page even if it's not sea food!

Happppppppy Monday Crabby!

9 comments:

  1. Love the layout, and the jelly was yummy. Yes, the little crab is the best. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun layout. The crab is super cute. I'm also in love with your journaling and banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that it turned out ok. I love crab apple jelly although as I am diabetic I can't eat it very often.
    I have to ask why you have September 2014 as the date on the jar? Is that the best before date? It is only 2013 or have I done a sleeping beauty thing and slept for a year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I telly you, I'd swap Crabapple jelly [& ha-de-ha-ha at the 'pun' on your page here!!] ANY DAY for a jar of your jelly....& I'm SERIOUS....#2 is son SORTA going to be in your neck of the woods soon[ish].....only a few hundred or so miles away in North Maine....so I am - despite the NZ trip fiasco - thinking....hmmmnnnnnnn crab apple jelly stop at Mitra's. You'd better have some left, girl, or I will never visit you again [empty promise, eh????!!!] Already used the Big Plastic Doily Mask...but you'll have to wait for it to come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Splots on this comment? DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And HOW DARE SHIRLEY THE BEST NEIGHBOUR IN THE WORLD eat MY jelly????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is super fun! Awesome layout!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a real fun page, love the bright colours and the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous layout, love the crab and love the photo of your jelly too.. and love the cute banner in the top corner as well.. enjoy your jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun page - I like the photo of the jelly jar.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!