Monday, September 23, 2013

Too Early 4 Fall: Layout for THE CUTTING CAFE



































The other day while out for a walk, I noticed this massive tree in our neighbor's field appears to have died. It was struggling all summer, but just a bit ago gave up the fight and now is just a skeleton. I would blame fall, but right now 95% of our trees still have green leaves here in the North Country of New York.

THE MAN and I talked about how pretty a tree it was, all massive and alone in Joe's field and felt sad.

I fear it has fallen victim to Dutch Elm Disease.

So, the theme over at THE CUTTING CAFE is fall, but I decided to show case this beautiful tree with it's own page using a very nice graphic file Regina has up for sale. It's a printable stamp set called Welcome Fall.

Instead of hand cutting, I actually converted it to a cutting file in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition. Very quickly I had a page of leaves that I sprayed gold and dripped silver on. The file also had those acorns, so I added a hand drawn cap, a crystal and some dimensional modge podge.



























Here is a side view of my page.


Really love this chippy feather I sprayed black and glittered up. Perhaps you recognize it Lizzy Hill?


Another look at these amazing leaves. LOVE LOVE LOVE how those roses with gold leaves turned out! Thanks Regina from the bottom of my toes for this cool file!

Happy Monday, hope your week FLIES by! ;)

9 comments:

  1. BREATH TAKING..........................................LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad you did those cups...can see all the lovely, shimmery detail & NO!!! I did NOT recognise that feather!!!!! It's errrrr...slightly altered!!!!! I feel so sorry for this giant tree......bit sad, really:/:/:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love love the colors, the flowers and the feathers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is beautiful and a touch sad.. I love the big trees around the place and it is sad to see them die.. a lovely tribute to it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely page, I love the glittery technique on the feather. Sad to see such a lovely tree die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous layout! The picture is quite beautiful, although a bit sad, and your flowers, leaves, and feather are stunning!! We had two very dry summers and have noticed a lot of trees dying and losing their leaves before fall... So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off...wow!! Second off...WOW!!!
    AMAZING!!!! I would love to sit with you for a day and learn your techniques!! Just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like Sean, would like to spend a day with you, learning from you. You are awesome at layouts! Perhaps we could sit under this old tree, and learn from it, too. I'm sure it has plenty of stories it could tell....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!