Monday, September 30, 2013

Baby Chinese Boxes: FOR THE CUTTING CAFE




























I am so happy with these boxes and how they turned out!

A huge hug to Regina over at THE CUTTING CAFE who provided these lovely little boxes for me to play with. Check them out here!

One is heading off to my friend who just had her third baby. That one will be filled with yummy chocolates! I am guessing she will sneak one when she needs a MOMMY BREAK! ;-) I have a pretty little antique silver spoon tied on it too for a decoration. (See it below in my pile of goodies I have assembled?)

I used a simple white sheet of cardstock to create the larger one I am sending off. I actually printed this box and hand cut. It is super simple.



























Just a few process photos so you can see how I inked it up with stamp pads. I love using those since I have them right on hand and a simple spray of a clear mist or a bit of alcohol in a spray bottle creates a lovely tie dye look.




































And here is the flip side of the box. So you can see the printed lines and the clear plastic I used for the little window. I used 12 by 12 scrapbooking paper to print it on my large format printer.




























I assembled the whole thing with hot glue. Just an easy peasey, pretty little box for a friend! Here is a top view so you can see how nicely the rolled roses turned out.





One last photo of the boxes! The one on the right is even smaller! I thought it would make a nice present for a scrap friend filled with goodies like vintage buttons. That I cut on my Silly. 


I was trying to decide if I'd rather get chocolate or vintage buttons. I decided getting BOTH would make me happiest!

Back tomorrow with updates from meeting Scrap Rock Stars at Scrapbook & Cards Crop and Create Event in Cornwall, Ontario. I am planning extra zumba this week to work off all the eating I did. ;-)

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. this is awesome and i love how you did the paper...girl you rock.....love love love these projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with scrappy choccy stuff, I'd say!!!! Ooooh.... These look fabulous - love the roses on top & cannot WAIT for your update:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived them even more the second time around. I concur with Regina. You did amazing with those files and always the most fun inking combinations. Chocolate and buttons? Seriously....the best !,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived them even more the second time around. I concur with Regina. You did amazing with those files and always the most fun inking combinations. Chocolate and buttons? Seriously....the best !,

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful.. again your creativity amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you inked these. Yup, chocolates and vintage buttons -- a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty and I'm not sure whether I like the gifts enclosed or the beautiful boxes more!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!