Thursday, March 17, 2016

12 tags of 2016-March & One Little Quote






































The first sign of Spring the other night were the moths. It's nice they are back. Tim Holtz used butterflies on his March tag, but I thought I'd use a moth since I was excited to welcome them back after winter.



I really liked the techniques he used but I was missing the distress crayons, (and a whole lot of other things) so I used ink pads instead for the splash of color. I did buy his thinlits so I was able to cut out that really pretty lace/scallopy piece.  


He backed his cut out tag to a sheet of news print patterned paper which is what I did too. I really like that you can see some of that peeking through the colored & inked up piece. 

That big moth was also cut out of a piece of Tim Holtz paper and then I added some shimmery paint to make the moth "pretty" although in real life this moth is yellowish I believe. Yes I googled it. ;-)


And, Mr. Tim Holtz if you are reading this, your free piece of business advice for today is to get someone to make those little stars...Mine is vintage and I found them while digging around the office supplies at the second hand store...really wanted gold ones...haven't found those yet! While you are at it, bring back those huge metal rivets that I used up by the hole in the tag...

I plan on displaying these all together in December/January so the big reveal of the quote is then! 

Happy Thursday!

9 comments:

  1. Wow..Some Beautiful tags here !I too loved tim's tag but never came around creating one myself !Love the bold moth on your tag and the thinlits add just the right amount of delicate touch !

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW stunning!
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Mitra, love the colours on your tag, glad you made your moth blue, so much prettier than the brown colour they are. And I have to say I like your tag better than Tim's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your tag looks wonderful.. love the moth... and I look forward to seeing all your tags together when you have them completed..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such awesome tags - love the moth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is pretty. I'm with you on bringing back the metal rivets too. I have some left but not many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely, lovely! That bg thinlits floral fine bit....WOW! And the moth is pretty impressive too:) I am SOOOO glad I can live vicariously through your tags this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY cool what you're doing with the quotes!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!