Thursday, March 10, 2016

Upcycled Fish Tank Lightbulb Sculpture for LESSology


Everything in this little sculpture is upcycled with the exception of the two blue roses and that Spanish moss. The faucet handles were pulled out of my hardware stash, the gold tulip shape came from a candlestick, the glass base was previously a votive holder (and was flipped upside down & spray painted) and the light bulb was one that was headed for the trash and previously lit a fish tank. Gotta love turning all that junk into something motivational!



Since we are having a handwriting challenge over at LESSology, let's start with the bulb that was painted with glass paint and a bit of gold spray paint. I used epoxy to attach a finial to the top. Who knew a sharpie would write on glass paint...had to try! Accented it with a white chalk marker. 

It says:  A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

It's been my motto these days. 


 I really do think that lamp finial is the rock star on this piece. It really added the extra umph I needed and took away the phallic look I had going! Of course the blue and green faucet pieces paired up with a paper accordion flower are pretty cool too.


I've been enjoying this in my window all month and I'm glad I finally get to share my creation with you! Maybe you'll have a chance to play along with us at LESSology

6 comments:

  1. WOW what a beauty this is ....love it.
    PS : I am having a celebration on my blog...please do drop in when you can.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  2. But now I can't stop singing, "This little light of mine..." I think it's FABULOUS and for a motto, that's a pretty fantastic one! Paper and metal combined....swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are always awesome, but this one is particularly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the thought about the candle - that's a good one to hod onto- and I very much like the imaginative upcycling here. It's upcycling par excellence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project! Love all the shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!