Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Upcycled Shoe Horn Horse Angel






































How could one possibly pass up a shoe horn with a horse head at the Restore? I thought you'd see my point. So, let's not get into how long this horse was in my stash. Ages and ages and I just happened across him while looking for something else...and I was working on angels at the time...and I thought, why not?


I used one of those spindles I was talking about yesterday and a fancy knob for the bottom. I pretty much used the same process, just substituted the shoe horn for fancy knob. If you didn't see my tutorial, take a look It took me ages and ages to write the whole thing up, but anything for my peeps! I'd love it if you pinned it or shared it for me. Check it out, I have this fancy smancy tool bar now on the left hand side of my blog for all kinds of sharing.


This horse angel got an extra doily skirt because I left the spindle longer. Also, the hankie has pansies on it. I thought they fit what a horse might like. This might be one of my crazier projects, up there with upcycled lock robots and a crazy bitchy baby fairy with wheels.





































I added a vintage key, feather dangle, and a velvet flower to this angel. I am loving all the different textures & sparkles!

Stop back tomorrow. I've been hot gluing anything and everything...and an egg might be involved!

Happy Hump Day!

9 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha..ha..extra Skirt ! Looks Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely face your horse has. I'm not surprised you had to buy. Hot glue! For years I was a bit scared of a glue gun; but when I finally embraced it I was amazed by how darn effective it actually is. I can glue anything. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horse angel must be a horse lover's dream... and it is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Mitra I know someone who would absolutely scream with joy if she had it. My lovely daughter Paula Dower. I'm sharing this on Fb. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeehaw! This is spectacular! An original piece for sure, just love that hankie the wings and the flowers! Masterpiece! And pretty cool set up you got happening on the left of the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a roll! Love seeing your one-of-a-kind creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A horse angel... yeah... why not?! This is cool! I really blame you for the way I second guess every thing that I might throw away these days...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother would LOVE this! She likes horses more than people. It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!