Monday, March 14, 2016

General Laborer Editor in Chief & Assistant Aeronautical Engineer for Memorandum Monday

Oh goodness another week under our belts. In between being an editor on a paper for the Tong Dynasty to an assistant to the master plane builder, it's been busy on the Mom Job front. In my down time I pulled a ton of barbed wire out of our woods. I'm trying to imagine what kind of job title that would even be in the working world....I'm going with General Laborer Editor in Chief & Assistant Aeronautical Engineer.

I did learn that the Chinese are responsible for paper, an invention for which I am forever grateful. We might be able to even claim that led to the rise of Washi tape, which is one of the second best inventions ever. Gold doilies being the first of course.






































I knew you were dying to see my pile of barbed wire. This is only half of it. I managed to completely ruin a pair of gloves and had to throw out the jeans I wore. The ticks were out in force and the rip in the jeans which was up near the hoo-ha was making me nervous. I was suspicious that the little buggers were going to use that entry point. Turns out my fears were unfounded and I managed to come out of the woods tickless. Because one doesn't go into the woods without a cell phone (in case of possible tick attack) I also sent what I thought was the funniest text message of the week to THE MAN.






































I sent him this photo and told him I was in love with a dyke. I guess the tool version is spelled dike, but at the time the whole thing was funny to me. He is a lucky lucky man to have to me.

Anyhow I am also happy to report I saw my first crocus, so not only are the ticks back, but we have things in bloom! It's a great start to a week!

Waving over to Miss Sian, the host of Memorandum Monday who is likely equally happy that that Chinese invented paper.....and washi tape.

7 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you weren't ticked off after being in the woods.. they are nasty little blood suckers.. and wire cuttersslashplyers are very handy for wire removal.. I hope you werent cut up about it though.. take care... I wonder what work place health and safety would think of your job description!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! So.... whatcha gonna do with the barbed wire?... Gold doilies are best... I suppose if I HAVE to pick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you were right. I did want to see the barbed wire. And now I've seen it, I'm shuddering! It's scary looking stuff.

    And yes to paper, washi tape, gold doilies and learning lots of new things at least once a week! Have a great week Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You've been busy. Sorry to hear about your jeans. Hope your "employer" gives you a clothing allowance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You've been busy. Sorry to hear about your jeans. Hope your "employer" gives you a clothing allowance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a splendid post - you'll have to add comedian to your job title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made me smile today! Glad you evaded those ticks - my Mum got Lyme Disease from a tick bite and it wasn't fun. Sounds as if those jeans might need a closing of the gap :).

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!