Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Archy Girl Layout for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge


































Still on my geometric kick! Another cool sketch from ScrapFriends that I love and wanted to use! Changed it up a bit to my version by adding a circle.


I made this page for the Latest and Greatest over at Another Freaking Scrappy which has a VERY interesting challenge:  What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor? A fireman? A nurse? An astronaut? A mommy??

I really will enjoy all the pages you peeps create based on that. I think it's so cool! 


Here is a close up of my photo and some very old flowers that were passed along to me a while back from my parents. They are from around the era that photo was taken of me!

As you can see, I always thought I'd grow up to be an Archaeologist! Thing is, you can't have babies and be gone on digs all the time, not to mention I'd probably have to stay in school a few more years. So, not my current occupation, but you never know what I might do later.

As I wrote Anne when I sent her my layout:  Still hoping to be one someday, will drag Hubby around in an air conditioned camper while I get a nice tan sifting pottery shards. Oh dreams!


And, here is a side view of my page. Love the paper I used. It was in a kit from last fall I had, but never found time to use up. Put a pretty big dent in it with this page!

Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. Loving your geometrical kick!!!...you were such a cutie!!!!!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible...you've rocked that sketch...the string all the way round..BRILL! And those glossy leaves etc....shine-a-licious....gee, I like this...new fave!!!!!!! Interesting challenge....hmmmmmnnnnn....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the very different effects on this layout, looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks for your explanation of archy girl.. I really did not know what that was for a minute! I love your take on the sketch.. eye catching colors!! cute photo... I always wanted to be a police woman who rode around on horses when I was little.. did not take that track in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cool dream! You never know what can happen...... :)
    luv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that patchwork heart and the sentiment, and the photo is such a cute one too. Was intrigued by what an Archy girl was too!! Thinking cap on for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh that's an awesome dream to be when you grow up! 'Cept one small set back besides the whole baby (kid) thing. I don't think they let you put glitter on the finds.....
    Your page is adorable and I'm giddy over here about all the patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for stash denting!!! Awesome geometric page!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!