Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sexy Layout Or Alternate Title: Where Did Your Sidewalk Go?



































 First up, a song to get you into the mood of where my head was with this title.


Oh come on. Everyone loves a little country....besides, you can see how I dress when I'm helping with projects around our house involving the Kubota. but for the record, I wear a ball cap, not a cowboy hat...and I totally dirty dance with THE MAN all the time during chores! (snort!)

Anyhow...

On the list for the summer is installing a new sidewalk into the house. The one that was there was terrible! Falling apart in many different places. Got so I'd meet the mail lady and UPS dude outside in case they fell and twisted their ankle.

Here is a side shot of my flower, button border and you can catch a peek of THE MAN'S face as he is working on taking out the concrete. He is controlling the bucket of the tractor with his mind, lol!

FOR THE RECORD, we thought we'd have to rent a jackhammer and there was no way we'd get out these steps this easy. So it was pleasing to see it peel up like that. 

And here is one more showing the view across the page. 


AND, one last photo of the end result which is pretty bare looking. Working on concrete tonight provided the rain holds off!

Happy Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. Awesome layout & I can't believe how GREEN everything is looking down your way! No snow in sight!! At last - yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty dancing huh? Excellent image conjured into my mind there LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the look of concentration on The Man's face....this looks FUN, actually!!! YOur garden is looking pretty, too....& I was trying to work out how you'd made the flower...so thanks for the closeups...now i can see there's metal in there....steel, in fact...like his face????? Bit of a stretch. But no more than your housework imagery. SNORT, indeed!!!!!!!! BTW...isn't that EVERY man's dream????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure my computer would let me look at a sexy layout without the nanny net blocking it!! phew.. it was ok for me to view!!! fabulous layout.. love the cluster and your flowers are marvellous.. and your new path is gunna look wonderful.. love your garden..and don't blokes love their big toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew EXACTLY what song that title came from and now it's stuck in my head!!! Doesn't everyone dance that way while they do their chores? I mean... I know I do... ROFLOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha what a music video no overacting there! Lovely page, love that row of buttons on your page Mitra. Hope the rain held of for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had a quick catch up before I start my trek to Solihull on the train. I was snorting with laughter reading this post. Amazing and brill!! Mom had another op on Monday to repair a fracture in her leg when they did the hip replacement. Still v. poorly. Back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok. I do NOT need an image of you and 'THE MAN' dirty dancing. LOVE the title and immediately knew it had something to do with your love of scrapbooking, and The Man & his tractor. Love the button line... kind of like a cobblestone walkway... leading, like a sidewalk, into the page. LOVE IT! And for the record, yes, I will say it... is there anything he can NOT do??? He just blows me away! Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. I do NOT need an image of you and 'THE MAN' dirty dancing. LOVE the title and immediately knew it had something to do with your love of scrapbooking, and The Man & his tractor. Love the button line... kind of like a cobblestone walkway... leading, like a sidewalk, into the page. LOVE IT! And for the record, yes, I will say it... is there anything he can NOT do??? He just blows me away! Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well now I'm just blushing!! Hurry and get of the man's leg and post finished pictures....I'm SO excited to see the end results!!!!!!!! Awesome LO capturing your man's amazing mind powers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fantastic layout! Love the row of buttons and can't wait to see a pic of the new sidewalk! You always have the most wonderful titles...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!