Thursday, May 30, 2013

BLOOM Layout and some news!


































Ever get inspired by pop tops? No? Really? I am the only crazy person who thinks yellow pop tops should be scrapbooked?

I had several of these larger sized cans to work with. This image doesn't show the yellow tops, but let me just tell you, they rock! I also wanted MORE metal since I was cutting up the can. Have yet another metal project in mind...and the twisted tea is not bad at all either! ;-)


The tops are there on the top right hand corner of my page and inspired the yellow paper with the contrasting purple.



In fact, used some of the rest of the soda can to make that flower as well. Long story short on the soda can, I was supposed to use one for the challenge I posted last Saturday, but ended up making a crazy winged clock instead.

The leaves are embossed aluminum tape and dyed with alcohol inks.

The flower was also cut with the Tim Holtz tattered die, added plaster in a pattern from a stencil and more alcohol ink. Of course a rusty bottle cap center....































Love up-cycling something New and Improved. Of course, add alcohol inks and it fixes anything! ;-)

Fits right in with my NEW GIG!



I'm off to hang with the PEEPS at LESSology as a Design Team Member!

You can read about it HERE. I cannot wait to show you my first project...which also involves metal...oh boy. Seems to be a theme here! Well, it's also up-cycled, but I suppose you might have guessed that.


oh and that crazy flower on my page? Was a Mother's Day present! I guess they have taken to dying these orchids, but wow, that is a freaky cool color! Hope she liked it!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lo!!! I love love love love the colors, the leaves and YAYYYYYYYYY for LESSology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LESSology?? YOU SO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of my Sistah! WAY to go! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLOOMIN' beaut news, & BLOOMIN' beaut LO....win-win!!! Super duper pleased for you...anyone who uses ring pulls on their page & cans for flowers simply HAS to be picked up by LESSology:):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!!!! How creative to use those pop tops!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow talk about an explosion of color! I love the blue on the yellow doily.. and the orchid is an amazing color.. and well done on your new DT role.. you will be s wonderful there.. and I can only imagine what you will create with metal... !!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You'll be an asset to the team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot Diggit Dog! That's fantastic news and you'll freakin' rock it over there :) Your layout is fantastic. Love that aluminum tape...REALLY need to get me some today while I'm out. Still doing a jig for your new gig!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mitra
    Well done on your Dt Position, great project too.
    Smiles:)
    O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant news on the DT my friend, and I love, love, love your metal art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Your flower is gorgeous and while I've never thought about using tabs for scrapbooking, I'm loving what you did with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new DT, Mitra! Love the bottle-cap flower center...BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! As was THAT clock!! So excited for you about your new gig - what a perfect fit - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!