Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First Bloom Page Just Because


































A while ago I was laying on my belly on our lawn with cell phone in hand.

Was capturing the daffodils in bloom on their level. I say a while ago since they have come and gone and we have since mowed several times. Loved the sun flare I got with the farm behind things in this particular photo.

I am one of the few crazy people I know who grow daffodils in her lawn. I thought they would look cool under the apple trees in full bloom, but they kinda miss each other a bit. Before I know it we are mowing and my blooms are hanging out in a vase in the house. Hence a photo or two and then a page.


And another photo for Lizzy Hill in Australia as I believe she shares my fondness for these blooms!



The journaling on my photo was inspired by a Crosby Still Nash and Young song. It reminded me of how I felt that moment on my belly with the grass tickling my nose. Ready to Carry On with Spring!


Here is a close up of the funny little green key I made! Tim Holtz makes the coolest things for us to fix up our own way!


Happy Hump Day peeps! We're creeping towards our long weekend now...

10 comments:

  1. Your daffodils reminded me of a poem by William Wordsworth that I read in junior school :) Lovely page and quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning page - gorgeous photo - very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this page is beautiful: the photo, the lyrics, the embellishments, and the overall execution of the page. Swooooon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wandered lonely as a cloud....
    Being Welsh I am very fond of our national flower. that's a beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sitting looking out at the daffodils on our lawn as we speak :) It's a bit late in the year for them now, but we have a few stragglers. A beautifully embellished page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooooo love daffodils, jonquils, snowdrops, fressias......& I sooooo love your big photo...... & now you've got apple blossom...sigh.......that chiffon bloom is Gorgeous, too:):):) Oh, & the Cosby Still etc are a blast from the past:):)!!!!!!!!! GREAT group, tho.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH this is my new fav of yours.. I love the jouralling on the photo and the photo is stunning.. we have the yellow daffodil as the symbol of hope for the cancer day we have in australia.. I have tried to grow daffs but it is a bit too hot here in summer.. jonquils are just starting to come out now at my place and I think there should be a few freesias somewhere in pots!! A really lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have to tell you how wonderful it is to see your yard of GREEN and NOT white!!! When I read this and visualized you laying out in the vast acreage of your lawn, on your belly, to snap a photo of this beautiful flower, it seemed so right. Of course you did and of course it's a superb shot. Love the shimmer in the image too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a spectacular photo and a beautiful page! Daffodils are such a joyful sign of spring! Thanks for the tunes, too! Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous! I love the inky doily and the picture is amazing! The perspective of the close up photo is wonderful too!
    We have a few crocus in our yard that poke through the snow every year in late winter. Amazing how that little splash of color brings happiness!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!