Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back 40ty Page for Scrap Fit challenge #54

Saw a challenge to use numbers on your layout at Scrap Fit the other day when I was out and about blog land and it coincided with this lovely idea neighbor Shirley gave me. She traced her leaf dish on a piece of scrap paper and cut it out! Lucky me got one to cut out too! And around the same time, I took this amazing photo of our back field all pretty with light going on towards evening.

Now, here in the states we refer to our property as the "Back 40ty" and I looked it up even to see if it was defined on Google. Here is what they said:


back' for'ty

remote, usually uncultivated acreage on a large piece of land, as on a farm or ranch

Read more: back forty: meaning and definitions — Infoplease.com http://dictionary.infoplease.com/back-forty#ixzz1buIVMxoi

I chose to spell mine using numbers. Not to mention how much shorter it was that way too! Anyhow, outlined my numbers with white which I LOVE!!!

Threw a few more letter stickers straight from Glitz Designs on there too for good measure. My leaf cluster was pretty easy too, a little recycled netting from Shirley, a few leaves cut out on my Big Shot from the Tim Holtz tattered leaves die, and a flower from Helen.

Short and sweet!

10 comments:

  1. Great idea---love the leaf and title too...I also enjoy my "back 40"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It looks stunning!! Now I have NEVER heard that expression before so I learnt something new tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leaf and the page is beautiful! Great job on this layout. I've heard the expression before.

    P.S. Email me your addy for your coupon!!!

    miraclesmommadesigns(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way it all went together. Really impressive, Mitra. Like you, I also love our sunsets here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to include the number in the title..thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW amazing love the photo and the colours of the layout!!
    We learn something new every day!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.. oh how very clever and creative.. i love the journalling around the leaf shape.. well done.. i

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a gorgeous LO! Love your crocheted and tatted flowers!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome page!!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!!! that photo is totally amazing!!!! gorgeous page. thanks sooo much for playing along at ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!