Monday, October 3, 2011

You and Me Page for Bird is the Word Challenge


Lately I've been missing birthdays! Shirley told me the other day that she celebrated one! This was one of the photos she gave me when I had begged the last time for photos. I thought it worked perfectly for the new Bird is the Word challenge! I really tried to keep the title a bit soft, since I wasn't sure if she'd want to add journaling, another small photo or two....and maybe another title below? I just used Picasa to add that title to the photo.

I love my little flowers, vintage owl card, and butterfly! For the most part (I changed out a turquoise button and added the yellow velvet flowers & leaves) these came straight from a really cool blogger who runs a site called Eye Candy Magic AND who will be running a sale very soon. If you check her blog out, her latest eye candy involves a red mushroom! Love it!

(If you run a blog, she is also asking for people to link up her blog & sale plus she's having a give away. Who wouldn't want to win that prize package!) 

Another technique I used on this page was chalk. The flowers under the cute little owl card and doily flowers were originally white. This sheet of paper was one I got from Karen a while back and I bet she doesn't recognize it between the glimmer, the ink pads, and bling! I believe it's from Little Yellow Bicycle but I don't know much else than that!


Another thing I tried is inking up my lace edges and spraying them with glimmermist. I used a blue ink pad and some of that clear glimmermist I had made up in my last post. It makes the ink run just a bit and gives a cool mottled effect I believe.

This little butterfly came in the kit from Sam as well. It had a purple belly I removed for future use and added a flower. The twine was also included and is really nice too! The cheese cloth was originally white and I just added some yellow mist to it.

Anyhow, as always, e-mail me or drop me a comment if you have any questions!

Happy Belated Birthday Shirley and enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. really nice page!!!love the colors and embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout Mitra - love the soft colours & the mottled lace effect - that last close up looks really gorgeous - thanks for playing along again at Bird is the Word!! Sure Shirley will absolutely LOVE this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! this is a totally stunning layout!! I love the colour combo! and the layout design is totally perfect! not to mention the how you have done the lace, clever bunny :) {{{{HUGs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitralee, what a beautiful soft sweet layout...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and feminine. I love your cluster and a sensational photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab layout... I love how your title is on the photo and all the pretties!! Yummo - Thanks so much for sharing it at BITW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tenderness your layout "transmits" to me... the colour combo is a huge success... wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww what a gorgeous photo and the colour palette is divine very pretty page. Thanks for subbing at BITW xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet!! Thanks for playing with us at Bird is the Word!! I love that photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mitra! I just saw this page! It is so precious and it makes me feel so nice & peaceful when I look at it! Beautiful photo!!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Lovely Mitra! Thanks for playing along at Bird is the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much detail here - this is gorgeous :-) thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!