Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pretty Pumpkins


Shirley spotted this project while she was blogging around and suggested we give it a whirl. If you want to check out the original post, it's up on  Ideas for Scrapbookers. Cathy blogged about printing out digital paper to ensure you had enough. I grabbed a paper pack on-line at Design House Digital that was created by Angie Hinksman and is called Cool Britannia. I only bought the paper set and in fact, the piece I used was originally blue, but I changed it to black and white. We used about 2 and a half sheets of paper cut into inch pieces per pumpkin.



The pumpkin with the cool owl belongs to Shirley. While mine is the one with the spider web. I am still searching for a friendly little velvety (FAKE) spider to hang out on my flower.

This is for sure a project to do with a friend if you at all have difficulty focusing! Shirley and I hung out on my back porch while the hubby cheered us on! It does take a bit to get all the pieces to behave. I used thinner paper as well that I believe soaked up the modge podge better.

Give this project a whirl! I have plans for my second pumpkin, but I haven't figured out what exactly just yet. It might be glitter!


5 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwww! These are AMAZING!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the owl too! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these are gorgeous! What a great project!! Looks like such fun & the results are amaaaazing - have to say I do love that little owl too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!