Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Witchy Woman Page for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge

Some days I feel particularly random. I have eight things to post and this is the one that I want to post the most, so that is what I'm doing!


I have all sorts of cool goodies to show you, a double page layout by Marilyn, a pumpkin that Shirley made, a treat box for our crazy cat..and....a page I did of the kids....


But I can't hold back....this is my latest page. Maybe it's because I had to hide something on it.....


Feel free to click on this youtube video to listen to the song that inspired the title.


Raven hair and ruby lips,
Sparks fly from her fingertips
Echoed voices in the night,
She's a restless spirit on an endless flight

Ooh, ooh, witchy woman, see how high she flies
Ooh, ooh, witchy woman, she got the moon in her eye



Yes, lets take a quick break for the Eagles. 


Now, back to my page.


Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge has a new challenge up regarding costumes, use a bit of purple on your page, and also something hidden. Go check out her blog for more details. The best part? Super easy going challenge with a fun bunch of girls!




Giggle, wait 'til you see what I hid. Yup, more of me being random. 


Anne provided us with the lovely sketch below. Normally I don't have photos of myself being silly. I am occasionally, but normally I am pretty serious. But, Marilyn snapped this at my house over the weekend. I am wearing a witch hat I made for Lexi. Check out this post! She had left it out and I grabbed it as a joke and voila, the rest is history! Thanks for taking the photo Marilyn!








































Here is a closeup of my tattered black roses. They were some stash from Tink! Love them, took them apart, rolled them a bit and got some fun flowers for my witchy page. Added those cute little glass mushrooms too! Those all the way from Australia and a cool blogger at Eye Candy Magic. (ppssssT! She is running a sale)








































My next photo is of my moon! It was hard to take a photo of due to the glossy coat of Tim Holtz crackle glaze I added. Mr. Moon was originally black, but a bit of gesso, some yellow glimmermist, and glitter....and of course the little eye ball I drew in....


Thanks for my cool Halloween pieces Marilyn! See, I've used TWO already that you know about!
And, last but not least...my hidden journaling! See, I knew you spotted that wine cooler and wanted to know for SURE! I will tell you, there were 15 little kids running around. I needed that wine cooler! 


OH, I crack myself up. 


So, go check out the challenge!!! You can also use photos of a dressy occasion, those count too! What fun!


















8 comments:

  1. LOVE this Mitra - and LOVE your surprise! Your work is always awesome!! Thanks so much for playing along with another Freaking scrappy challenge ... Just realized that I didn't blog about what the surprise was on my layout!!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant!...you have inspired me to scrap a photo of myself dressed as a witch!....I keep saying I will do it...I will I will!!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Awesome Mitra, I love finding your name under mister linky and get excited to see what you have created ! ANOTHER awesome layout! I love the background paper you have used. (hehehe what is it?) Love the surprize, and If i had that many kiddies running round I would of needed 10 wine coolers. Well done. P.s Lrini Please enter your layout that Mitra has inspired you to do! we would love to see :-) Thanks for playing a long at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you in a layout! Love the tattered black roses and your customised moon! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitra, how cool is this:) Really like the moon. Fun to look at all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I popped in yesterday for a quick look, guess who has now had witchy woman stuck in her head for the past day?? But it is a very cool lo so I guess it is worth the mental torture (not that I mind the song but really - enough in my head!!).

    Great photo, so much fun and the wine coolers and any parties involving kids go hand in hand - does this make me a bad parent?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool Layout Mitra Thanks for playing along at AFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this lo! The hat looks great! Tks. for playing along with us at AFSC!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!