Monday, October 10, 2011

Witch Hat for Lexi



Boy, I have read a couple of blogs lately where people have written about some pretty serious stuff going on in their lives. I haven't commented on the blogs because I can't even imagine what I might say in one or two sentences that would make anyone feel better. I do keep those people in my thoughts and prayers. And having been there myself in one case, I really can say that tomorrow is better and each day after it gets a bit lighter and easier although the hurt never really ever goes away. Even though they are virtual scrapbooking friends, I really do care and hope things get better.

So, today, I thought I'd post something light and something small. It will make a small person smile when she gets home from her weekend at the Grandparents house. She had to have this hat a while back that we found at a local drug store that was going out of business.

I then found these huge blooms that you can pin onto something at another store and thought I'd bling up her hat just a bit. I added some cheese cloth that I inked with a lime green and sprayed with some homemade glimmermist to get the color to flow. Then I pinned on the three flowers and tied on my cheese cloth ribbon. It's so pretty! I am sure she will love it.

I'm not sure if they dress up in 5th Grade at this school or will even let them wear a hat but regardless I'll snap a few photo of her in it. I think the entire hat cost me less than $10 due to the flowers being on sale and the hat being discounted quite a bit due to the store closing.

And, do you see that pumpkin in the background that is orange! Not anymore! Shirley and I added a modge podge treatment! I will post that tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean Mitralee, what can one say in a few sentences!!
    I adore your witches hat!
    we do not celebrate Halloween here but we dress up for Madi Gras before lent....this hat would have been perfect for my witches outfit!!! LOL
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures!!! This hat is the heat, chica! :D
    I know I'm gonna love that pumpkin too.
    Well done. Your post was very touching as well. You are truly a kind heart.
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I must not be reading the same blogs as you.... cause I haven't seen too many deep things lately... lol :):):)

    I loveeeeeeeeee the hat!! I loveeeeeeee how you added the trim to the brim of it and the flowers too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers & the feathers! You know here Halloween is not a commercial occasion at all - in fact it is only celebrated by hardened Satanists (of which there is a community!) Yup seriously?! Because of that I find it very difficult to see all these lighthearted projects if you know what I mean (no offence meant!) as I know it's a HUGE American tradition and just a dress up fun day for the bulk of the population. It's been a black Monday indeed on more than one blog! For me it's been a great day though!! I've had 3 bits of fantastic news in one day!! BBM has been on the blink in Europe, Asia & Africa - the RIM server crashed - so I did send you a reply but it never went through!! HOpefully it'll be up & running soon but if you don't hear from me for a bit you know why - it's all over the news...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you know how much I appreciate the comments you leave me and the fact that you read my blog even though it's not all sunshine and roses. I really am so glad that I've found our blog and become your virtual friend! (((Hugs!)))

    P.S. That witches hat is A-MAZING. You've seriously outdone yourself there! Awesome job! She will LOVE it to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome witches hat, itstime like this I think it would be great to have Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!