Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin #2 Tissue paper and Modge Podge Technique

Linking this up with Passionately Artistic! What a fun blog! It's like Thanksgiving where you browse through taking a little bit of this out of a project and a little bit of that out of another...Or, in my case, a whole lotta banana pudding and turkey and just a little salad please....anyhow, go check her out!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love modge podge? It is really quite useful.


After our fun party on Sat. and clean up on Sunday, I HAD to get my hands on some craft time. So, instead of folding laundry, I made this pumpkin!

Some small person gave my son a present in a gift bag and it had some lovely orange tissue paper. Now, I am pretty fond of orange already and I thought maybe I could reuse this tissue paper on my pumpkin to give it a bit of a crinkle look. I modge podged chunks on, waited for it to dry, and then went over it with a bit of orange ink pad. A wee bit of glimmermist for a few freckles and some drying time....then I was ready for some flowers!













Marilyn passed along this AMAZING turquoise flower. It really didn't scream fall, but I loved it so....and it made a cool contrast to all that orange. So, a bit of hot glue later...You can see from the side that it is knitted and they basically had added a wire to allow the wrapping aspect. Haven't ever seen one like this before so I am super excited to enjoy my pumpkin on display and my awesome flower! Oh, I added the center portion with a bit of hot glue. Those flower stamens are glittery and produced by Wilton for cake decorating in a variety of colors. Mine are white and glittery, but I believe are mistable too, so that is why I opted for white!



















Also included in my montage of flowerness was a few white flowers from Prima, some gold glittery ferns I've been hording in my stash, and the same white Prima flowers that I've added some Tim Holtz NEW (oh happy dance) distress ink on (Gathered Twigs, Ripe Persimmon, and Seedless Preserves) that are new for the fall and will only be out this time of year.

Also, I ran the Tattered Leaves die through my Big Shot with a double layer of aluminum foil and got some fun leaves to play with! I made up some cardboard ones too for a bit of a contrast.


You can really see them better below. I added the Tim Holtz distress ink on them and got a nice mottled affect. Add in burlap for texture, a modge podged doily with more distress ink, added glitter in the fresh modge podge, and a flower from Helen and I'm so happy with my result!

I do have a challenge to play along with. I have been stalking I mean watching this blog forever, but haven't played along. This month they are having an Alcohol Ink Challenge and I thought that I'd play along with the Gingersnap Creations blog. They have a TON (and I am not kidding) of amazing ideas monthly so go check them out. Blue Moon just shipped me the limited addition Tim Holtz distress ink too so I was doubly inspired!!

Happy Crafting!





10 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really neat looking! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this pumpkin. Really pretty and showy. I am impressed with the top decoration, everything blended so well. Now I need to get going on my second pumpkin, so I can mail it to Kamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh chunky pumpkins...that's awesome! So weird that we have been "up to" almost the same thing at the same time, even crochet stuff. Amazing.
    I must say though, you made the right choice with that blue flower...really, really love that added in there.
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx
    Now, go fold your laundry...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very gorgeous indeed! Love everything you have done to dress up this dear pumpkin! Here we get lots of butternut squash/pumpkin but hardly any real pumpkins and certainly not so big!! Does it stay fresh for long or go all soggy?? Love all the techniques going on there that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers and the leaves! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is pretty! I love the crumpled paper and those fabulous flowers too. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing. Love the pumpkin and all the wonderful flowers and the metal. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job of recycling ... love all of the details ... so glad you got inky with us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderfully colorful project! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!