Friday, October 7, 2011

Three is a Charm








I got a bunch of photos on CD the other day from Marilyn when they came to visit our family and also my SIL & her crew this summer at my house. They were awesome photos, full of that bright summer sun! I am supposed to be working on a joint project with Marilyn and some pages from when my kids visited HER house, but I thought I'd do these first, since they inspired me. Plus, I thought I'd make you all drool with that photo of yummy chocolate cake.

I had one partial sheet of the lovely one from I believe Fancy Pants with all the cool fonts & photos of berries and summer stuff on it that I really wanted to use. And since I was reproducing this page three times, it all had to be super simple or I'd lose interest! Hence, I went with a Picasa photo collage and cut my favorite paper into three. A few more strips of paper and some ribbon all placed on a very plain vanilla cardstock and I was pretty happy.

Now I could have cut the SAME titles out on my Silhouette but that might not have been as much fun.
I opted to make the one title let's eat out of a digital download I found in my on-line stash, changing up the colors just a bit. I printed that on photo paper, carefully trimmed, inserted in these huge over sized bottle caps I had gotten from Shirley, and added some Tim Holtz crackle accents to it. For the second part of my title, I raided my pile of letter stickers and used different ones for each page. It amused me to do them this way for some reason, I guess because I love the contrast in it all!

More orange flowers from Helen, some little yellow cheese cloth all glimmered up and orange velvet leaves completed my fun.

My last addition was my blue journaling that goes around my photo block. There is a cool challenge up on Scrap Fit is to Journal Around something, as in a photo or embellishment. Check it out here! I loved writing in blue around my photo collage. I left the other two pages blank as I figured my SIL and Marilyn might want to write their own thoughts! But, they have a good start for a page to put almost ready made into an album!

Off for some fun this weekend, so probably my last post for the week. I did want to leave you with one last thought.

You can always print your collage in Picasa smaller. I accidentally printed out my sheet on 4 by 6 photo paper and I love it! I almost used it that way! However, I think I'll share with my SIL and Marilyn. This would be pretty to hang on the fridge!












10 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeee this! I love love love the photos, the colors... and loving the bottlecap and the way you journaled too! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous job! I loved the sound of that challenge too - hope to do it as well - your handwriting is awesome - and I love the sneak peak of your little production line with all 3 layous next to each other - you could start a kit club at this rate girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful way to scrap this fabulous photo collage!! Love your colors/design, and journaling!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, hope your enjoying your weekend, loving that chocolate cake, did you make it? That paper was perfect for your layout, looks like lots of fun, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, as always! Love the design and how you used lots of great pics. Love your work!! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Mitra love the LO and all the lovely people in your photos. Chocolate cake too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your embellishment cluster. Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great celebration page!!! looks fun!!! thanks so much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you reproduced all three pages slightly differently. Very cool idea to create the collages too. That's an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great celebration page!!! lovely photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!