Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shirley's Pumpkin and a Pumpkin for Lisa

My friend Lisa forwarded me a project that was similar the other day. I took it to be a HINT! Plus she posted all the cool pictures of her house decorated up for her all time favorite holiday of the year on Facebook including the star I made for her a while back! I could tell she didn't have a super sparkly hand made pumpkin candle holder in the mix!

I must admit, I love the pumpkin I made so much better than that one she sent me. Mine has class! How can you go wrong with a cutie pie Prima Bat bow, green shimmery hair (thanks Shirley), a hand dyed bow, and curly wire? Oh, a glittery smile too! Thanks Silhouette! 

Project was super simple. Cheese cloth with some orange dye mixed in and glow in the dark modge podge. My goal with the glow in the dark 'Podge was to scare her hubby Romie. Hope it works. He does pick on me, so trying to get him back. If we don't tell him, it will be dark and glowing on a shelf in his house. SPOOKY!

And, look at Shirley's amazing pumpkins! I always do the first project, she makes one like mine and then I like hers more? I think she got the look I was going for! I know I know, you are all jealous of my neighbor. Do you have one you can call up and ask if they have a leaf punch and they do? Yeah, I thought so. I am lucky! 

Setting this on autopost for tomorrow. We are off to Fright Night in Potsdam. It is also calling for snow in the weather forecast! Whooohooo! Guess we'll have the butterfly and zombie get out their winter gear for the walk around town. 





4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...these are WONDERFUL! Each soooo original in their own way. Looks like you gals had a blast making these.
    Enjoy the snow...WOO HOO!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are both AWESOME!! Loving the bat on yours!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pumpkin - it is sooo pretty! Love that little birdie and all the leaves :) And your idea with the cheesecloth and modge to stiffen is just fantastic - my mind is whirring now with how I can apply that to my gauze...!!! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those pumpkins are incredible! Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational projects with us. =0)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!