Friday, October 28, 2011

Gather Ye Rose Buds....Challenge Page for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge Blog




The background paper and pink roses around the photo are from Glitz Design. I have a little hoarder stash going that I got recently from Blue Moon Scrapbooking and I'm enjoying my treat.
And, just a wee bit of a plug for Blue Moon Scrapbooking. The other day my phone rang and the guy said, This is (sorry, can't remember) from Blue Moon Scrapbooking and I just wanted to tell you that your order is shipping. I felt immediately like a rock star. I start babbling about how I read about them on Julie's blog and then the dude says, Julie is just as nice in person as she is on her blog.

But, I'm not surprised. I think scrap people are some of the best people in the world.

As far as the title goes....my brain had headed off to being sad for a wee bit. That poem always tells me to live life to it's fullest.

Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May
(To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time)

By Robert Herrick

(1591 - 1674)

.
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,

Old Time is still a-flying: 
And this same flower that smiles today
To-morrow will be dying.

.
The glorious lamp of Heaven, the sun,

The higher he's a-getting,

The sooner will his race be run.

And nearer he's to setting.

.
That age is best which is the first,

When youth and blood are warmer;

But being spent, the worse, and worst

Times still succeed the former.

.
Then be not coy, but use your time,

And while ye may, go marry:

For having lost but once your prime,

You may for ever tarry.


My apologies if this is a bit pensive. We lost a 12 year old boy in our community a few days back. I know some of you live in huge cities and bad things happen every day. Our biggest excitement here in the North Country is talking about the weather most days. It's cold and frosty here, by the way. Brrr!

 The circumstances were odd and I got a few very strange e-mails home from the school saying we do believe it is safe to send your children home. Things are still unresolved and it's heart breaking to not know if his mother will get closure.

Now, I certainly didn't know the boy, but as a Mom I can only but imagine.

So, inspired by events surrounding me and a cool challenge over Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog, I am uploading this page. I do believe with the month coming to a close, there are only a few more days to play, so hurry! This challenge is to scrap your school days. As with all their challenges, the rules are pretty permissive (thank goodness for awesome rules!) and they have all kind of suggestions for scrapping their challenge to make your scrappin' life easier.

This photo is from my first day of Kindergarten. I wonder if that is Erica Heinz sitting beside me. Well, if it is, she'll catch it on FB when this posts! I do want to say that I loved that dress I was wearing! It had little embroidered flowers on the front smocking!

Here is a  close up of my Big Title and my smaller one.






















The big letters are new...and are making me VERY HAPPY. I spotted them on someones blog somewhere and then had to have them when I found them in real life. They are Mist-a-bles by Pink Paislee. Yes, you will see them a lot until I run out of "e" since they take on various looks used with various things and depending on how you ink/mist/paint them. And I must not waste them away hiding in a drawer!

My little sticker basket originally held white flowers that I chose to pretend were roses so I colored them in, added some mist and called it good!
































Here is a close up of my rose and some pearls. I chose to fussy cut around all the roses. They come pre-cut from Glitz, but as a further example of how my brain works, I couldn't handle the white space so cut them.
You can kinda see a smidge of the cool clear overlay I used. It's from Fancy Pants, but might be old since it was in the sale bin. I love it so much though! All these things combined make me happy!

















Glitter, roses, a fun challenge! What have you got cooking?



8 comments:

  1. Love the softness on this page, Mitra. You are soooo cute in this picture. Can see by the look on your face that you loved your dress. Love the basket and flowers, along with all the other details. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Mitra. So sorry that you are feeling a bit down - I know exactly what you mean - I always get like that when something happens to a youngster from the local school or whatever - sure there is a lot that goes on here but sometimes it is "closer to home" than others...glad all that Glitz made you happy - does the trick for me too - and I think the dude is Scott - he's awesome - love BM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so worth waiting for - you were such a cutie!! And you were looking pretty pleased with yourself, obviously loving the dress and the fact you were off to kindy.

    I grew up in a very small community and know what it is like to lose someone, although it all sounds like very strange circumstances, makes it all that bit harder all round.

    thanks for playing with us at another freaking scrappy challenge - yay!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI.. wow.. this is really lovely.. and the quote is quite true isnt it? time does go so fast.. and yes it is terrible what happens sometimes.. i hope things get resolved somehow..
    i love the letters too!! and a lovely photo of you!! love the frame tooo..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the boy who lost his life... that just breaks my heart :(:(:(

    And thank you my love for the Blue Moon shout out! You probably talked to Scott or Mark! They are AMAZING people! I loveeeeee them!! You are so sweet! :):):):):):):):):)

    I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo and that circle framing!! JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mitra - I am SO HAPPY that you played this challenge! This is gorgeous. The roses, the frame, the journalling everything is so exquisite!! Thanks so much for playing along with another Freaking scrappy challenge ... xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Stunning page Mitra just love all of it - Thanks for playing along at AFSC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mitra, I absolutley love your layout hun. And what a awesome posting, love getting to know you a bit more. Sorry to hear about the wee boy in your community, hopefully his mum will get closure! And for that Nurse/Doctor..grrr. Good on you for not going back! The flower you made with the ribbon and ink is stunning. I love looking at your art as every time I look I aways find something different! Sorry for the late comment. Thankyou so so much for playing along at another freaking scrapyy Challenge. Looking forward to your next posting. Donna :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!