Thursday, October 13, 2011

Point Rock page for Marilyn: warning, contains sea food

Sorry about my title. Some days I crack myself up when I make a joke that is yet only funny to me! These photos instantly amused me when I got them from Marilyn. There is something about playing around in a creek and add in the world's largest crayfish ever and I have to admit, I am jealous! Doesn't it look like fun!? The kids were hanging out with Marilyn & Joe for a few days this summer and it all looked like a blast!

Funny thing is I grew up down the road from this stream and never have been. I think I need to do some crawfish hunting this next summer. Five or so of those large ones would make a meal. Do you think they taste like chicken?

Alright, back to scrapping. No challenges were involved with this project at all. I know, can you believe it?

I opted to go with not matching my daughter's wild swim suit. She has a couple, but it always seems she wore this one when photos were taken, so I am opting to go with a less wild and softer page. I know, seriously? A crawfish with pearl eye balls?

Sorry! I couldn't help it!

They were so cute!


































Ok, here is a bigger photo.

I got my page finished and though, boy, this needs some kind of little crawfish. So, jumped on-line and grabbed a lobster cutting file from Silhouette. And arranged some letters for cutting as well.

Which brings me around to die cutters. Some days I am seriously a sticker girl, others I love my punches, while other days I have to run scads of paper through my Big Shot, and then, there are Silhouette days. I guess that means I am a real good supporter of the scrap industry!

Well, at least I am of the pop dot industry! I used them all over on this page. Under my letters, under my wave! Just a little less flatness and I'm a happy crawfish I mean camper!


Another fun detail was the journaling. Marilyn and I are trading pages at some point (this weekend I think) and her only requirement was journaling by the kids. Lexi wrote a funny story about the crawfish taking it's revenge on Luke for playing with it. It was pretty large so I opted to create a pull out tag.
















The last thing I wanted to tell you about is this lovely doily and twine I used. I got them from Eye Candy Magic and I somewhat designed my entire page around using one. I feel the best place for stuff you really like is on a page! Working on not being a hoarder! So, check it out! Also, Shirley found the cute little fabric tie dyed boarder that I used along the bottom. How pretty is that! I can't wait to use the second half soon! 



















































9 comments:

  1. Love this page. Is that border a shoelace? It looks so cool. Being a blog lover like myself, have you seen Pinterest? It's addicting. Let me know if you need an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love the lobster! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page, Mitra. Everything blends so well. The doily adds a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....first of all your title cracked me up!! LOL
    love the details on the layout!!
    fabulous
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos and a beautiful page! So many fabulous textures on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous! i love your story about the layout it is entertaining reading! i love the big crayfish, and yes the eyes are too cute!! love the use of so many photos too to tell the story! great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crawfish! YUMM!!! Yes, most certainly have created a treasure here! I can't say enough how much I like the "splashes" on your letters. REALLY creative!
    Looks like the kiddos had a great time in the water and mom cracked herself up with the title. LOL
    OH...thank you for the condolences on my loss. Hahahaha. :D
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your details here are absolutely gorgeous & those photos are outstanding too - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page! Wonderful textures and details and the photo block looks so great.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!