Monday, May 28, 2012

Light & Love Page for Get Creative

































Happy Memorial Day from the States! I'm off today from work as are the kids & THE MAN. It's our holiday to honor fallen soldiers from the war. Normally I think we'd have plans to do something but we just got THE MAN back from a 8 day vacation in Las Vegas and he's a bit sideways, poor thing.

Typically we do vacations together, but this was a guy's thing and his Dad asked him if he wanted to go. Now, he lost him Mom when we were in our early 20ties, so I really pushed him to go.

I knew I'd have a bit of a hard time with it. It's hard to be flying solo with the house and kids while getting photos of crazy times three time zones away.

In fact this photo was taken on Wednesday and with the theory that is the hump in the week? I was trying to claw my way to the top of that hump.

Originally I had planned all kinds of fun things like sleeping in the middle of the bed, getting all the coffee to myself, and taking advantage of an empty garage. Not to mention cooking smaller meals and watching tv while eating...By Wednesday, all that had lost it's shine!

So, I was sitting in my front garden at ground level with some of the plants and I thought the light was pretty so grabbed a photo with my phone. Had to add a quote about light and mess with the filters a bit. It was a distraction tactic on my part for my brain!

There was a great sketch I used from Get Creative's challenge that really show cased this photo for me.




I had some flowers from Lizzy Hill that I added purple ink to the edges and then spritzed them with gold glimmermist. I was so happy how they turned out. I had some leaves that Helen had fussy cut out and sent along a while ago, so I added those too. Love how it all went together.


Off to throw some things together for meal later and I think the coffee is brewed...off to enjoy the day and hopefully not feed the bugs too much playing paint ball!

15 comments:

  1. That's a great photo, and everything else on the page plays it up perfectly.

    Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one beautiful LO Mitra. Love the quote and the sentiment behind it was so appropriate for Memorial Day. I suppose this day is like our Poppy Day on the 11th November except we don't get a bank holiday. Glad the man is back. I used to hate it when my hubby went away which was ALL THE TIME. I never knew when he was going or when he'd be back, sometimes six months. Suppose that's why we drifted apart??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piccy & those flowers look so much better than what they started out as - you really are the greatest lateral thinker....I LOVE this LO...it's my new fave & should be a winner, in my book, anyway...that quote just fits perfectly & is so, so true...sometimes hard to live by, but true. Very apt for Memorial day, as Jeanie said, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is just so so so stunning. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing is this creations! so so Stunning! Love everthing about it! Pure Magic!!{HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT a beautiful picture!!!!! I think this would be my happy place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is totally gorgeous! That photo is super splendid!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photo - the perfect photo for the sketch. Wow. Thanks for playing with us at GC, Mitra, your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MItra, what a beauty I just adore that photo its amazing ! As for those beautiful flowers I am in awe they really are so pretty. thank you for taking time out to join us at Get Creative and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This page is wonderful and so different from all the others I have seen lately!!! Thank you so much for joining us at GC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! Mitra your work is gorgeous!!!! Love it!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Get Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page mitra!! Love the picture, thank you for joining us at get creative. channa

    ReplyDelete
  13. so lovely page!!!!! thank you for sharing with as at Get Creative

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok I think my designers said it all WOW WOW WOW I love the colours the embellies and of course the photo is fabulous gorgeous layout my dear friend!!!!!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Creative!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!