Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Little Altered Box with Peter Rabbit


Trying to squeeze in a few last challenges in before the month ends!

There is great inspiration over at Scrap Friends with a color palette. 

One of my favorite colors of all time is that light green/blue color that I use often. So, had to play along. Plus, I had this awesome Tim Holtz box that needed some fixing up!

Nice Crane Designs sent me a free!!!!!! (sorry still happy about that) digital image set of Peter Rabbit for commenting on my friend Lisa's Blog. She designs for them and is one LUCKY DUCK!


And talking about friends, Lizzy H. just had a baby. I mean, that now she is a Gramma. So, it got me thinking of baby photos and all that. My theory with this box was that I'd put it into the store that is carrying my stuff here locally with the instructions (and measurements) of how to add photos to the squares I left open. OR, add memorabilia! She also sent me that shear ribbon and those itty bitty little doilies that I used under those prima tiles!

I will show you another project really soon where I used one of those images digitally.....And boy, I cannot wait. I will give you a hint...you will want to stop over at Berry71Bleu in JUNE. 


15 comments:

  1. Wow, have nothing more to say ... beautiful, the biggest project I've ever seen. So cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Loving all the little nursery cuties in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is really nice! Love the cutouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww,,,absolutely adorable yeah,,,,you use my funny Peter Rabbit so well,,,,love the soft colors,,,,and I am sending you a very nice surprise,,, take a look to my blog and choose your favorite sheet from my "The Wizard of Oz" collection,,,,,,,,i am finishing more sheets today ,,,i´ll do a complete collection from F. Baujm famous Book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really lovely piece. I like how you have some embellishments on the outside of the box, some embellishments on the inside, and some squares left empty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great project!! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is amazing. You could add the baby's shoes and a lock of hair when he gets his first haircut. So many ideas with this piece Mitra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You freakin' rock with your altered projects chica!!!!! Never dreamed the images would be used this way....AWESOME! I have to admit, those colors are delicious together. :)

    I know you made Ignacio happy FOR SURE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I also love that colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Lisa M says it all...this totally rocks & you do do altered amazingly...this is totally GORGEOUS...so, so sweet...I'm in LOVE. Big fan of Beatrix Potter at any time. Oh, & thanks for joining us at scrap friends...perfect for the challenge:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always find this cool stuff!! where did you get that box? So cool..

    Love the vintage die cuts. Love Peter Rabbit!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet! Love the embellishments, soft colours and how they can add photos to some of the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!!! That is super cute! And it works perfectly for the Colour Challenge at Scrap Friends. Thanks for playing along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project, you have used the colour so so well.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!