Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kew Garden's Page: Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge


































Nothing like a fresh new month. Whoohoo!

New challenges up around Blog Land. Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge is no different!

This month's challenge:
I realize that for the southern girls, this is not springtime – but in the Northern Hemisphere – 1 May is springtime, and time to be out in the gardens. Scrap something about your garden – how you love to be out in it, or what it means to you, or alternatively how you hate to be outside gardening at all. If you are not a gardener ‐ you could also alternatively scrap about an outdoor sanctuary that you appreciate –perhaps your mother’s garden or a park????


Now, this was a really tough call for me. I LOVE gardening. Love it. I have plenty I could scrap about. Problem is, I usually do lots of garden pages. In fact, I even have a little garden scrapbook...

I could scrap my parents GINORMOUS vegetable garden, I am sure they have various cool photos. In fact, I know they do.

But, I had this fancy dancy paper from Ruby Rocket that I won....It's their Vintedge Line. See, proof I am LUCKY! I didn't have to do anything but leave a comment!

I feel SURE I will win lotto at some point! Vegas here we come!


The poor girl blogging from  Ruby Rocket was at CHA and said she'd post pictures but then didn't get a chance. I am SURE she was in the middle of paper/travel/hotel/craft overload. So, anyhow, I posted a comment and told her it was all good. It IS all good. We make promises daily and do our best to make them, but sometimes things like life sorta jump in there and next think you know...you are sending some girl in NY paper from Australia. ;-)

So, back to my initial point. New paper means you get to try to make it work with something, which is why I went on a deep dive for these Kew Garden photos from way back. It is some pretty paper with some very great patterns...want some???

If you play along? I am sharing some. Might even throw in some of the new flowers I've been making...smaller accordian blooms...to match it!

Like I used on my page here!

And the other fun thing I did with this page was use a super amazing sketch by Heather who has the coolest blog ever and is running a sketch challenge over at Scraptastic.




Also, this page goes along with another challenge over at Pixie Dust Paperie where they have a challenge about scrapping a city like London! Whohhooo! Check it out! Love the London Card.

Fun stuff! Wish the photos were a bit better, but what can I say. It was ages ago and I had to take a crawl in a dark closet to even find them!

So, gather up your flower photos, your best veggies, your deck container garden shots and give it a play. I promise I'll stalk you and ask you all sorts of questions. I do love green and considering the snow around here, I will have to enjoy your greenery and blooms. Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

  1. Happy May 1st to you too! Your garden layout is phenominal and your use of the amazing papers is perfect. Those are the prettiest rosette flowers with the butterfly centers.
    You nailed that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch and use of those papers. It all came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooooooooo awesome that you got that line..... I saw it at CHA and LOVED it!! And loving your lo! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the rosettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the small rosette flowers. Nice layout, with great color scheme. Makes me want to be outdoors in the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Kew and I live so much closer than you do! I have tons of garden photos and I did start a garden album for my Mom perhaps this will get me motivated.
    Loving your page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful use of those papers! I love the addition of the map and those yummy accordian blooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the papers Mitra!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! You totally did an amazing job with my sketch. I am going to participate again at the Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog! You've inspired me. (As always!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Don't know where to start...LOVe the way you've used the Holtz flower die.....LOVE your bottle top & that sketch is great. I adore sketches. I need sketches. Love sketches!! Been to Kew, so that brought back v fond memories....sigh!!! Having an inordinate amount of trouble choosing photos for this LO too....love taking flower/garden shots.....LOVE your Easter 'feast'. Better get off here & head to the scrap room all INSPIRED. Thankyou:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic layout! LOVE it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks and sounds lovely! I must add that to my list of places to visit!! Woo Hoo on your win and just perfect for this page!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!