Thursday, May 3, 2012

Real Scrapbook Layout for Scrap Friends

So in the interest of keeping it real, I will admit I like to play on Challenge Blogs that my friends DT on.

Reminds me of stopping by when they have a garage sale, baby shower, open house, you know kind of thing. Or a quick wave and a honk if you see them out and about while driving past their house! HONK HONK!!!

So, this page is no different.

Lizzy Hill is on the DT over there at Scrap Friends I believe. Coolio sketch they had to use. LOVE IT.


And don't worry, all that writing there on the top? One of my favorite quotes of all time by the Skin Horse. I found my book from when I was in grade school rattling around my daughter's room the other day and was reminded of standing up at Sue Streeter's wedding and reading that section of book in the church.

Hold on I will post it here so you don't gotta squint.



The Skin Horse had lived longer in the nursery than any of the others. He was so old that his brown coat was bald in patches and showed the seams underneath, and most of the hairs in his tail had been pulled out to string bead necklaces. He was wise, for he had seen a long succession of mechanical toys arrive to boast and swagger, and by-and-by break their mainsprings and pass away, and he knew that they were only toys, and would never turn into anything else. For nursery magic is very strange and wonderful, and only those playthings that are old and wise and experienced like the Skin Horse understand all about it. 
"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"
"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."
"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."
"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
"I suppose you are real?" said the Rabbit. And then he wished he had not said it, for he thought the Skin Horse might be sensitive. 
But the Skin Horse only smiled.


So, yes a bit of a cryptic post for me, but that is where my brain is at these days. Just keeping it real!

oh and hey Lizzy! HONK HONK Saw ya in blog land!

14 comments:

  1. Hi there, I don't know why Mr blogger cant keep up with your blog posts, or maybe it is me...?? but anyhows, I have missed a few posts, so I have scrolled down now and had a good look at your layouts.. great take on the scrapfriends sketch, and the other layouts are filled with lots of lovely details and hand made embellies which I think are soo very special... fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page. Just love that "Ole" Velveteen Rabbit. Great fussy cut embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo glad you played along & this LO is UNREAL...in fact, it's so real it looks unreal...is it digital??? I LOVE it...& love the story. It makes me [almost] glad to be getting older. My hair may fall out, eyes fail...but it won't matter, cos I'll be finally 'me'????!!!!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is ear marked as a favorite!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Great colours and love that it's so personal - those pages always shine the most to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what a stunner! Love that it is so personal, love the story and how you have bought it all together with such beautiful details. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Scrap Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the story!! Still wondering, if this is digital or real - such a great page!! Thanks for joining the fun at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this. You've done a fabulous job with the sketch, and I really admire your take on it all by including your favourite quote and making it ring true. Amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Mitra! That is a masterpiece of a LO! There are so many interesting elements to look at, and best of all, it's unique in that it's about a childhood classic and not a photo at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! Love those colours and that you used a story for this page. Glad to see you playing along with us at ScrapFriends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great LO, I like that you went with a different theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love what you've done!! all the elements are fantastic. Isn't it a great sketch. I just posted mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very very cool page!!! You did a fabulous job on the page. I love (and have ;) ) this kit too. I couldn't pass either one of them up this month!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!