Thursday, January 26, 2012

ANEW Scrapbook Page for Once Upon....A Sketch
















Wanted to play along with Once Upon A....Sketch due to their great challenge:


January 15th Challenge

Journaling Criteria

HELLO 2012 or GOODBYE 2011? 

 For this challenge, the journaling theme is new beginnings, upcoming adventures but also saying goodbye to yet another year.. Are you glad 2011 is over? Are you looking forward to starting fresh in 2012? What are your goals or resolutions for the year ahead? What are you most looking forward to? Or maybe you can journal about your thoughts for the new year. 

Things that you can journal about: a new job, house, baby or new scrapping adventures or Design Teams. Are you taking time off work? Are you planning a holiday somewhere? Maybe your children are starting school or you are getting a new pet. Or you could tell us why you are glad 2011 is over or why you will miss it. Anything goes really!


And here is their lovely sketch to use. I twisted it for my layout. I wanted to use a big circle but then wanted to keep my background paper visible. My circle is actually a coffee filter that was under the cheese cloth when I dyed it and is a bunch of lovely colors! Plus, I recycled it right onto my page. See the corner sticking out there below?

I choose this specific sheet of Tim Holtz paper from Lisa because of the January date across the top. 

Here is a close up of my journaling.


The clock face that is affixed to the brown and black doily is from Tim Holtz and a present from Lisa, while the stem & doily are from Irini all the way to me from Greece!

Used up a bit of burlap 'cause I was in quite the organic mood and some cheese cloth I had dyed.

I love how it turned out. I used a couple of different colors and was pleasantly surprised. 

About my title:


a·new

  [uh-noo, uh-nyoo]  Show IPA
adverb
1.
over again; again; once more: to play the tune anew.
2.
in a new form or manner: to write the story anew.

I think it works for what I am doing here, what about you?

And you might have noticed that I have joined the ranks of people on design teams if you read my journaling. 

When I first started blogging around a year ago I applied for every DT opening without really getting a feel for the challenge blog or their team. 

I didn't even know whether I loved sketches or not. Or what my style is. Or even if I loved blogging. 

Now I feel like I've got a better handle on all that. Nothing too concrete but I know what I like, how much time I have, and what girls seem super friendly at various blogs.

So, when the DT call went out for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge site I was all over it. I like AFSC because their challenges usually allow me to work on a page for a scrapbook I'm making all about me. And as silly as it sounds, those pages about me interest my kids the most. They wander up, make funny comments on my attire, hair, etc. Secondly the AFSC girls seem very down to earth. The last thing I need is more drama or something that is super fun made into work! Wish me luck!

13 comments:

  1. Very cool use of materials- as usual, I am impressed how things of low cost and down to earth 9coffee filters1) can become magical with color and imagination!
    I love it:-) :-))Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    That is great news!!
    I remember a year ago (almost exactly) I applied for my first deign team. It was for Your Scrapbook Stash. I was sooo excited to be chosen. It is such a buzz!
    I love this page and especially the journaling that feels very real to me.
    Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing everything crossable for you!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this Mitra, the journaling is straight from your heart and the photo reaffirms the words. Great you've used the coffee filter too. Huuuge Congratulations on your DT stint. I shall look out for it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo! I thought it was Miss Lex. Very nice layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am curious, what does one on a design team do? Do you get to use cool new stuff? Details! Details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love how you have incorporated the coffee filter, such clever recycling and it looks fabulous.

    Such heartfelt journaling, I think in the chaos of busy times, we all should take a step back and reflect on the things and yes writing things and recording events through scrapbooking is a reminder for us all.

    Beautiful take on the sketch, thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout - and loving you on our team at another Freaking scrappy challenge!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Mitra! I am so happy for you!! I think you have been very wise to wait it out and go for something that really appeals to you. I've learnt to do that too. I don't apply for stuff I don't like or am not interested in - no matter how popular it may be. I can see the appeal of AFSC for you and the way you like to scrapbook. I'm sure it will be a fulfilling experience for you & that you'll do a stunning job!! Thanks for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch. Keep it up - you are a great journaler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page Mitra and I love your thought provoking journalling! Congrats on your new DT position, I am sure you will have lots of fun creating for AFSC! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, the clean and simple look! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fantastic. Every element is so eye catching, the photo, journaling piece, circle. Fabulous page. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous journaling! I feel the same way about using my scrapbooking to capture as many moments and memories as I can! Thanks for playing along at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!