Thursday, January 19, 2012

Free Kisses?


Gotta love something that can serve two holidays. It was never really my intent, but like normal I found the ingredients and then the project came together!

While wandering around Big Lots with Lisa, I found these gigantic red roses that were meant to be clipped onto gifts or perhaps on a tree? I loved them plus they were cheap!

She and I had been talking about making Christmas Kissing Balls with real pine, so this was meant to be a template for those. I mean, it's a round ball of foam, how hard can it be? Plus, I thought using fake flowers and material would be nice so then I could reuse this next year. I did take a few minutes to watch a video on the process. 

I completely underestimated the sheer volume of material I would need. This ball was 6" however with all the items added, it probably would measure 12" in diameter. 

I think I bought 12 gigantic roses, cut apart a candle centerpiece with pine greenery & red berries that I was recycling, and then added the variegated holy to fill in and STILL didn't have enough!

I  had bought a white foam ball and wished it had been green so it wouldn't show through. I think next time I'd cover it with some sphagnum moss hot glued on. 

Needing more "filler" I then added the white snow flake ribbon and those weird twirly red things....


Here is another view.

It is designed to hang, well, it is a KISSING BALL!

I used some of Shirley's eye lash ribbon to hang it with!


Now my only complaint is that I have hung this in the corner so can't cash in on any free kisses!

5 comments:

  1. OMG...those weird red twirly thingies are the heat!
    Probably best you hung it in the corner though. Would hate to knock yourself out with it in a doorway.

    Another amazing project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I love all the "stuff" you put in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazingly fabulous....LOVE it:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. All of the add-ins make it perfect. Especially like the red twisty things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is gorgeous!!! Now I want to make one too. You did a wonderful job!

    So I checked the mail today and got those absolutely wonderful flowers. I can't thank you enough! They are beautiful and I can't wait to use them in my projects. Thank you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!