Tuesday, January 24, 2012

White Tag for Lisa from Kansas




Oh goodness! I took this photo a few days ago on the porch to get some sun and I was battling winds and it was FREEZING! Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of ribbon when it's windy? Never the less, I wanted a GOOD shot of it!

Anyhow, played along with Tag Tuesday last week. They are a fun place to hang if you are inclined to want to play Tag.

I made this tag for Lisa from Kansas because she is wishing for snow.

Of course today, I am slightly wishing for snow too.

It got warm here so snow is just about gone, exposing all the ice on the driveway. I have been penguin walking out to the garage to feed the stove and haven't fallen on my butt just yet.

Here is a close up of the charms, two from Tim Holtz and the third was one I found at the craft store that I added the words WISH to and some crackle glaze & glitter.

Just a smidge of eye lash ribbon from Shirley and some Stampin' Up seam binding....



The embossed paper was some cardstock that came behind some embellishments and I recycled by flipping over and running through my Big Shot.

The middle section is a cellophane envelope with a white insert to which I attached my tree photo cut in an oval.

The challenge itself was to create a tag with white, so I was trying to fade out the photo a bit.

Of course, I broke the rules a bit with my blue green seam binding, but I had none in white and was going for the rumpled crumpled look.

Hope you love it, Lisa from Kansas! I will pop it in the mail just as soon as I am brave enough to penguin walk down my driveway to the mail box!

The theme this week at  Tag Tuesday  is vintage, RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!

Whoohooo!

7 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the metal accents...and I know what you mean.. I think the wind is a crafter's worst nightmare! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitralee this is absolutely gorgeous.....seriously jealous now LOl LOL LOL LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH!!! This absolutely HAS to work!!

    Is there some kind of special dance that I'll need to do in conjunction with this, or is a penguin waddle of sorts sufficient?

    Those Tim Holtz and other charm are FAB-U-LOUS, but of course, the picture you took for me just steals the show!!!

    When I get this and we get dumped on, can I go ahead and put in a request for an "Okay, enough snow already" tag? :D

    THANK YOU, Thank You, ThAnK yOu!
    I do LOVE it!!!

    big hugs,
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crackled look and the ribbon you used is beautiful. Lisa is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really beautiful tag. I love all the elements you used. It's got awesome textures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is really beautiful! I'm sure she will absolutely love that - very snowy indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!