Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions Page from 2011


































I wanted to post this on Sunday, but I am scheduling it for Monday. I really wanted to post that story about Jerry and his chicken so had to wait!

I typically review last year's resolutions and make a few new ones for the next at the close of a year. Putting them down on paper seems to help, although I can honestly say until I dug out the page I wasn't exactly sure what they even were anymore. So, must be I need to come up with plan B when it comes to resolutions!

So, how did I do?

Well, on item 1 I think I failed miserably. I am very understanding when the world works according to how I think it should.

However, it doesn't always. Go figure. (insert rolling eyes here)

I work with guys. Most days that rocks. Sometimes, just sometimes, I am truly deep down a girl and get my feelings hurt. Which in turn makes me want to stomp on their head. Sometimes, I do. However, I would also hate to violate one of principal rules I follow. Honesty. So, they might need their heads stomped on?????


The second one was easy peasy, so probably a bad resolution. Due to working at home and being the main person making dinner, etc. I became much more confident in the kitchen. Check out my post on Marshmallows here. Mom tells me we made these when I was a kid even, which makes sense as she is a good cook. I certainly did not take the opportunity to pick up cooking when I was home. College I got to be really good at Hamburger Helper. Glad I'm into cooking these days.

The THIRD ONE I rocked. I hate hate hate being scared of anything. I won't go into details, but I majorly accomplished that one.

I don't think I'll set resolutions for next year.

I will leave you with a few things I am getting excited about.

In 2012 I am going back to some of my roots from college.

At one of the craft fairs, I met up with a potter who is going to show me the ropes again with clay. I have all the stuff and have for years to make clay creations. I used to love hand building 3D objects. I am slightly good at throwing too.

However, I don't have any clay and I need a brief refresher on how to run my kiln.

VERY excited about that.

Blogging needs to go to the next level for me.

Right now it's almost a guilty pleasure.

I forgot I liked to write. So, I get to write about something I really love to do via blogging.

Taking it to the next level???? Not sure how to do that.

I have read lots of posts about people who are on Design Teams and then life takes over and they find it overwhelming and become "forced" to create during low times.

So, still mulling that over in my head.

And of course sticking with really doing a great job at the three main things in my life as always.

My first job will always be a wife and parent, second is the job where I make money, and my third thing is taking care of me so I can do the first two really well.

Happy New Year and good luck with those resolutions!


oHHHHH and hey, don't forget about my give away! I think I'll go have another cupcake....mmmmm.


12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My previous comment was also my first experience with auto correct-it's even more fun than I expected. Amen on the lack of resolutions, sister! Love the colors and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for keeping it real... I always pick an OLW, but never a resolution :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on achieving most of your resolutions....I dare not make any as I will never ever stick to them...major major flaw!!
    ok I lie I will set one...NO MORE PROCRASTINATING!!!!!!....
    wish me luck!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popped in to say happy 2012, looks like you have been scrapping already, I cant keep up with you, take care, ciao x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you reviewed your resolutions. Last year I resolved to drink more coffee. LOL I win! This year I'm being a bit more serious. I've decided to be more active and NOT focus on the ever present desire to "lose weight". I'm also planning to work on being more confident this year. In fact, confidence is my OLW this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't make resolution any more as I never ever stick to them congrats on sticking to most of yours. Love reading your words you are such a talented lady and although i am new to your blog it has been a pleasure to read your words. Take care.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layout - very funky! And you did pretty well on the resolutions too! Now you need to do a post on all the scary things you did last year!

    So this year I think you should up that experimental cooking to once a week or once a fortnight at least!

    I don't even know where to begin on blogging my resolutions - I have an armful of them!

    Re blogging and creating when there is a serious lack of mojo - I had to learn how to do that last year & let me tell you it becomes a habit, a discipline, you can fight through it and it's a great thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am bad at resolutions. I still might set them though. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good thoughts for 2012. In proceeding through the year I hope you and Lisa don't get into toooo much trouble, just the fun kind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My resolution is and has always been to “do something fun everyday” and MOST of the time that falls within the guideline of the law………

    ReplyDelete
  12. Resolutions, smesolutions! I say have fun, try something different, make mistakes and if it works out in your favor...say, "hey...that's new" Vioala.."New" Year's Resolution checked off the list. :)
    Yeah you for tackling the 3 last year..
    As for #1 and I...LMBO...it's a nice though. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!